Goodbye...but I'll be back!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
leahcim_dahc
Commander

Goodbye...but I'll be back!

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Well, time is real short for me now. I leave for a month long Annual Training cycle this Friday. Once we complete that, we'll be back for a few days and fly out to Wisconsin and begin our deployment process. Once that is done...we'll enjoy a nice 15-20 hour plane ride across the ocean to toy around in the middle east for a year.

I don't know any of the member's here on a personal level, but I have gotten tips, advice, insight...whatever you choose to call it, from many individuals regarding a hobby, even a lifestyle I cherish very much. Individuals that freely share their knowledge without asking for anything in return. For the help I have received over the past several months, it is very much appreciated and I wanted to say thank you.

With regards to my deployment, I can't and won't go into too much detail, but for those that are interested, I will be spending the better part of a year in Iraq. Where in Iraq, I can't say...but I'm sure it won't be sunny and 75. Or 105 for that matter. That place is the hottest place I have ever been my entire life. Makes the two years I spent living in Phoenix feel quite mild by comparison. The place is dirty and dusty, too...who'd a thought. :-)

Anyrate, I'm not all that nervous about deploying again. If I said I wasn't at all...I'd be a liar. I am not too worried about getting myself shot or blown up, yeah it would suck big time...and I would be seriously pissed off, but i am more worried about leading troops and getting them home safely. Last time I was there, I was a PFC and didn't have much in the way of responsibilities, now I am a Sergeant and could possibly be a Staff Sergeant before I get there and will have much more responsibilities. I know my job...I know what I have to do, and am not afraid to do my job. However, I am deploying with several troops who haven't been deployed before...and not sure how they'll react once they get on the two-way range. I'm sure they'll be alright...or at least I hope so.

Alright, I don't want this post to seem like I am being a sally or something, just wanted to yak a bit...say thank you and take care while I'm gone. I'll be taking some gear with me...just in case I have some down time and just so happen to have a body of water near by. Hey....you never know. Weirder things have happened. Anyrate, I only have a few days left, but things will be extremely busy, and not sure if I'll have the time to visit or not. If I happen to be near an internet connection, I'll be sure to check in from time to time. Especially, if I get a chance to get a line wet while I'm there. It might be kinda cool to see a fishing report from Iraq on here. :-D

Take care, be safe...and save a fish or two for me!
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

shawn
Commander

RE:Goodbye...but I'll be back!

Post by shawn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:47 am

Godspeed Chad.:salut:
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:43 am

Godspeed and a thank you for serving our great country.God bless you and watch over you .Hurry and come back.There is fishing over there from what I saw in some pics from others.No game wardens or limits.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:25 am

Good luck Chad!

Watch out for those road-side Christmas presents... :-$
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 am

We'll keep your chair for you when you come back. It has been a great pleasure chatting with you and look forward to your return. Be sure to take your new fly tying kit with you (remember the zip lock bags). It is a great way to relax and mentally remove yourself from the immediate surroundings and frustrations.

Your contributions to the forum are greatly appreciated. Drop in once in awhile and let us know how you are getting along. If you get a chance to get some fishing in, post a fishing report in Outside Washington. It will be the first one from Iraq!:cheers: Remember, you have a couple of thousand friends at this site. Thank you for your service and we will be thinking of you. Please, stay safe.:thumright
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 am

Take care and be safe out there:salut: The fish will be a little bigger too when you return.

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

Take care and be safe. We are very proud of you and what you do. My brother in law is deploying in January for his second tour as well. Love to see some posts from over there. Thanks for your commitment to our freedom. You rock!!!

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:51 am

God Bless the Troops! Be sure and check in when you get back!

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Best of luck Chad! We'll see you when you get back!

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:22 pm

make sure you some back in one peice, good luck and i hope you get a chance to fish.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 pm

Good luck pal! I might see ya out there as I'm tooling around the world this year myself.
Tight lines, JG

tumbleweed
Angler

Post by tumbleweed » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks to you Chad and everyone serving this awesome country. It's cause of folks like you that we get to fish everyday. God Bless man & you're a warrior. Keep your chin up brutha. Peace...

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 pm

As many others have mentioned, many thanks to your willingness to serve our country... I would love to see some pictures from over there if the camera comes along. Pictures from the media only go so far...If you get internet access over there, hop on WL.com and let us know how your doing....

Again, thanks man, we all appreciate it.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:19 am

Chad,
First of all, Thank You for your service. It's been my pleasure to chat with you online. You've come a long way in just a short time. It's taken me years to get to where I am in my fly fishing and you have assimilated as much a I have in just a very short time. If you can, find a link to us from where ever you're going and stay in touch. Remember also that when you get back, you'll always find a stump waiting for you at my campfire.

God's Speed, my friend.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:29 am

Chad,

It's been a pleasure having you particpate on the site. God Bless and thank you for your service and commitment to our country. You'll bein my prayers and we'll look forward to some fishing reports from across the big puddle.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:37 am

Come back safe and sound Chad. I can sort of relate to being deployed. I was overseas for 30 consective months during the Korean War.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Fish Antics
Warrant Officer

Post by Fish Antics » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 am

Good Luck Chad. Let's focus on the idea that you'll be back before you know it! The fish will be waiting!

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:54 pm

HillbillyGeek wrote:Good luck Chad!

Watch out for those road-side Christmas presents... :-$
Why? It's only July! #-o

Good luck to you Chad. Return safely.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm late reading this post but wanted to also say thank you to Chad. I wish you the best. Be safe and if you get a chance to have some internet time, please check in with us to let us all know you are well. God Bless and thank you so much. I will pray for you and your unit often.

Dave

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 am

:salut: THANK YOU CHAD FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. GOD SPEED. AND SAFE RETURN.
STAN.:salut:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.