Mariners Vs. Toronto

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Mariners Vs. Toronto

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:20 am

I sent my mom and dad to the game last night in my seats and I sat elsewhere.It was the rudest crowd Ive ever encountered in my entire life of attending any sporting event.There were busloads of drunken canadiens arriving at the game.Then pounding drinks at the stadium.Where my seats are at are behind home plate .Thats where the most vulgar and obnoxious canadians sat.They called our players racial slurs and boooed at our every play.Its one thing to be enthusiastic about your team ie Boston,Oakland,New York fans.They have never sworn or used foul language as the canucks did.I was embaressed to have them as our neighbors.Id rather spend my money buying Iranian products over anything canadien.
My parents l;eft in the 5th inning cuz where they sat was the worst.The radio and TV have backround noise filters so you cant hear it.But to be there last night really boiled my blood against the crud up north. Sorry to rant but never was I so embaressed at a game.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

lskiles
Commander

RE:Mariners Vs. Toronto

Post by lskiles » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:03 am

Sounds like the time I took my boy to see the Seahawks and had the Seattle fans screaming obsenities at us from two feet away because I was wearing my C-Boys hat and Dave was wearing his fleur de lis beanie (they were playing against and lost to the Saints). LOTS of beer and very little manners!

Maybe the Canadians are just jealous because they do not have a real country...

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:31 pm

lskiles wrote:
Maybe the Canadians are just jealous because they do not have a real country...
LOL! Thanks for the good laugh.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience racfish. That really sux. I have never had a time like that at the park. I hear some guys like that but they usually shut up after awhile. The one thing that gets me going is when someone is shouting or booing our team while at our park. Come on, now thats just straight disrespectful.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 pm

I was listening to the game on Wednesday night on the radio while stuck in traffic. After the Blue Jays scored, I heard some "F**k the Mariners" chants in the background. What a bunch of classless fools. The ballpark is a place to watch one of America's pastimes, not to have to worry about what your kids hear during the course of the game...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:24 am

I too was at this game, and experienced some hyper cheeseheads. Their was a bout 8-10 behind me and for the most part they were ok, besides cheering crazy for their team. I finally turned around to ask why they invaded us for the blujays
and the guy said that it was Canada day and most people had the day off the next day so there you have it. I'm ok with a little rowdiness, just keep your cuss words to a nil while my kids are around.

On a side note, our neighbors to the north actually boost our economy every time they visit; remember that theit dollar is worth more right now, so when they come to town it helps to pay taxes for our stadiums and the likes, so I welcome them with open arms, and if they get out of hand we can boot them all they way back to canuck land!

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:15 pm

ha

jays world series 2 - back to back at that

mariners - nada zip zero

sonics - buh bye

raptors - 2 years ago defending division champs - wasnt for the celtics, it shoulda been back to back
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Winning a world series dosent give fans the right to yell obsentities at players and other spectators.There are children present at games.Booing the home team is unheard of in most ballparks and I've watched many a game in all but a few ballparks.Booing the umps decisions is another story. To use racial slurs and namecalling like they did makes me lose respect for the canucks.Even if Seattle has losing teams(which we have) still dosent make it right T-dot.If you think winning gives the right to be rude.It dosent.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm

racfish wrote:Winning a world series dosent give fans the right to yell obsentities at players and other spectators.There are children present at games.Booing the home team is unheard of in most ballparks and I've watched many a game in all but a few ballparks.Booing the umps decisions is another story. To use racial slurs and namecalling like they did makes me lose respect for the canucks.Even if Seattle has losing teams(which we have) still dosent make it right T-dot.If you think winning gives the right to be rude.It dosent.
not what im saying at all, but let me clarify myselft. please dont throw everyone under the bus, that will just stir the pot even further.

to those who experienced it, i would suggest speaking up next time. you can also speak to the ushers in a discrete manner. ive done it before and the matter was taken care of.

hell ive even seen some seahawks fans knock out some raiders fans for just wearing the wrong shirt. the seahawks fans were 3x bigger, and outnumbered the others.

... some fans just over do it.

as for booing the home team... watch a few more ny games.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

tumbleweed
Angler

Post by tumbleweed » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:16 pm

T Dot wrote: please dont throw everyone under the bus, that will just stir the pot even further.

to those who experienced it, i would suggest speaking up next time.
yeah i agree with t dot. dont throw all canadians under that rug cause the majority are great people. its too bad this happened but at the same time be careful not to whitewash all canadian as rude and inconsiderate.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:46 pm

I dont hate or even remotely dislike any Canadiens.When fans sound like those few did it soured me about them.I even had I'd say a 60 yo guy with a 10 yo approx kid with him.When after they announced the Mariners lineup he booed.I thought WOW.. What a thing to teach a kid.I have nothing against 99% of all Canadiens .The few drunk and disorderlies dont cloud my vision on a good people.Just those fans that jeered and booed irked me.Im not a New Yorker or a Bostonian.I lived both places for a spell and always came home.
Perhaps I'm so much mellower cuz we dont get much to cheer about at the games this year so behavior like that hurts even more.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:25 pm

T Dot wrote:
racfish wrote:Winning a world series dosent give fans the right to yell obsentities at players and other spectators.There are children present at games.Booing the home team is unheard of in most ballparks and I've watched many a game in all but a few ballparks.Booing the umps decisions is another story. To use racial slurs and namecalling like they did makes me lose respect for the canucks.Even if Seattle has losing teams(which we have) still dosent make it right T-dot.If you think winning gives the right to be rude.It dosent.
not what im saying at all, but let me clarify myselft.
Then why did you point out who won world series/championships and how many?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
T Dot wrote:
not what im saying at all, but let me clarify myselft.
Then why did you point out who won world series/championships and how many?
my comment was a general comment towards "they dont even have a real country"

no where did i say that i condon anyones actions.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV