Perch Fishing in Eastern Washington

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jordan
Lieutenant

Perch Fishing in Eastern Washington

Post by Jordan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 am

Where is the best place to go catch perch on the Eastern side of the state?
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Mossy
Lieutenant

RE:Perch Fishing in Eastern Washington

Post by Mossy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

look through the crappie in eastern washington posts, generally where there's crappie there will be perch.

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:11 pm

IF IT SIZE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, I WOULD TRY MOSES LAKE, BUT, IF IT IS QUANTITY, I WOULD HIT-UP SCOOTNEY OR LOWER SCOOTNEY (THIS IS WHERE THE SPILLWAY IS AT THE SOUTH-END OF SCOOTNEY, AND, CREATES A CANAL THAT DUMPS INTO A SMALLER LAKE). RIGHT WHERE THE CANAL ENTERS THE SMALLER LAKE ON LOWER SCOOTNEY, DROP A BOBBER AND WORM, FOR SOME FAST ACTION. ON THE MAIN RES. OF SCOOTNEY DROP A WORM TO THE BOTTOM, UNTIL YOU FIND THEM, THEN, SWITCH TO A BOBBER AND JIG (TIPPED WITH SOME WORMS OR OTHER MEAT). THESE ARE FISHERIES THAT CAN BE FISHED YEAR ROUND! GOOD LUCK!!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

How far East is east. Downs lake is well known for the big and numerous perch. July and August are top months for that place, as is very early in the season.

Elokia is also know for great perch. I find August and September, at the edge of the weeds, to be best, but I hear early is also well liked here as well.

Coffeepot is a real sleeper. It is a no bait, single hook, barbless lake (read the regulations), but they hit a small tube jig, any dark color, at 11 feet, pretty well last week.

Diamond is known of good perch, as is ..............................

Well, let me know how far East you mean. LOL
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:01 pm

well I live in the Wenatchee valley so anywhere within 2 hours or so.....
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Jordan wrote:well I live in the Wenatchee valley so anywhere within 2 hours or so.....
Two hours would put you at Rufus Woods. If you have a boat, upstream from the dam on the South side of the lake, at the first island and inside toward the shore, can produce some great perch later in the year.

Two hours would put you easily at Moses Lake and probably the Potholes. Both are well noted as perch fisheries.

I think Twin Lakes and Coffee Pot may be in the two hour range, you might check both out. Note that Coffee Pot is a selective gear rules lake, so no bait.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:21 am

Scootney, Moses and Potholes and some of the Seep lakes are really good. When I catch the first one, if it is not a keeper, I usually fillet it out and cut it into small chunks, and use the meat for bait. I have caught more perch on perch meat than anything else. Good luck!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:10 am

In the North Central part of Washington, Lake Osoyoos is very good for large perch. Like crappiemaster, I always use perch meat as soon as I catch one. Sometimes I even keep a "bait" fish for the next trip.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”