The Fourth Of July

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Fisherman_max
Commander

The Fourth Of July

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 pm

who else is ready to get a full years worth of holding back on blowing stuff up over with?

who else LOVES the fourth of july?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:The Fourth Of July

Post by A9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Amen Max....One of my favorite, if not my favorite holiday of the year. We spend it up at the beach cabin on Whidbey Island with a few other families, it's basically a yearly tradition now. Best part isn't the fireworks for me, but hanging out with the same few families, BBQ'ing and relaxing on the beach for a few days. Throw fireworks and hopefully good weather in there and it's just an awesome time.

I'm trying to go light this year on the amount of $greenbacks$ I spend on fireworks. I'm just gonna try and pick up a few loud things, which is all I'm really after after spending a lot of cash in previous years to get all sorts of fireworks...
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Amen Max....One of my favorite, if not my favorite holiday of the year. We spend it up at the beach cabin on Whidbey Island with a few other families, it's basically a yearly tradition now. Best part isn't the fireworks for me, but hanging out with the same few families, BBQ'ing and relaxing on the beach for a few days. Throw fireworks and hopefully good weather in there and it's just an awesome time.

I'm trying to go light this year on the amount of $greenbacks$ I spend on fireworks. I'm just gonna try and pick up a few loud things, which is all I'm really after after spending a lot of cash in previous years to get all sorts of fireworks...
Coming from Utah where everything but snapits are illegal, I do a few. I don't go crazy, but I like to get a few small mortars, some stuf for the kids, and some really loud stuff for the neighbors.

We used to live in a neighborhood where about 5 houses would all gather a bunch of fireworks and we would have things exploding from 9 to 11-11:30. I'm not so sure about the new neighborhood. Just need to get some people out there, I'm sure others will join in next year.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:48 am

every year we go to a friend of the family's house and their whole neighborhood is like a war zone, everybody is trying to out-do each other.

we start the show on like the 28th (THE DAY WE CAN LEGALLY BUY AND SHOOT OFF FIREWORKS) and we dont stop the show until midnight on the 4th. its grrrreat!:cheers:
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 am

i live on thee reservation, so the fourth is freakin awesome
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 am

Our family will probably head up to Metaline, WA to visit my mom....she has a great view from her house of the fireworks they do in the city park. I might make a couple sparkler bombs and get some other stuff from the res.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 am

BE CAREFUL ABOUT POSTING ABOUT PICKING UP FIREWORKS AT THE RES'S. LITTLE BROTHER LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON LAST YEAR POSTING SOMETHING SIMILIAR ON IFISH LAST YEAR, AND, CAUGHT QUITE A BIT OF HEAT FROM THE VANCOUVER FD. HEAT IS A MILD WORD, BY THE WAY, FOR THE TROUBLE HE GOT INTO. JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE!! IM PERSONALLY, PUTTING THE FIREWORKS DOWN THIS YEAR, AND, PARTICIPATING IN A MAJOR SOFTBALL TOURNEY (THE BIG BOYS) IN KENT AT RUSSELL ROAD. HOPEFULLY, I DO WELL IN THE HR CONTEST, SINCE IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT THAT HIGH OF LEVEL ANYMORE! HAVE FUN EVERYBODY!!!

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:19 am

Unfortunately where I live I am subject to one of the numerous nanny laws that really @#@! me off. Just like guns don't kill people, neither do fireworks injure people. Be careful out there guys and light off a few for me.

Ron White said it best- "You can't fix stupid."

Max- I would highly recommend you not buy the fireworks on the res and take them into/through a county with an active ban. Police will sit there and watch who leaves, sometimes running their plates to see where they live and ticketing accordingly. It happens quite often, trust me.

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:39 am

That is one of the few things I miss living in MT, we would buy a bunch of fireworks and have a blast. In AZ where I lived we didn't do fireworks but the whole downtown would be a huge water war.
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 pm

I will be on my days off during the 4th so I will be out in area 8-1 crabbing my brains out. I just hope the males are there this year and haven't all been harvested by the tribe.

I'm not a big fireworks fan. They upset my two dogs (who are my children so to speak) and although they are fun to watch, I can do without the loud stuff. That's just me though and for everyone who loves the noise and light show, I'm all for you as well. I hope to be eating lots of crab.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Anyone doing any fishing during the 4th?

Crabbing will be the show for me. I hope to be eating crab on the beach and watching the fireworks on the 4th...But gotta catch em first, hope the Indians didn't pull all em already...

sgpwayne
Petty Officer

Post by sgpwayne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 pm

We are going to Siltcoos Lake near Florence OR. for 4 days. Going to throw some lures at the LMB, and if it don't work we will try throwing dynamite LOL

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 pm

I don't care for fireworks. I don't care to watch my money go up in smoke. I hope to work around the yard ...maybe go fishing? I don't know yet. My dog doesn't like them either.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Bill and I will have been married 33 years on the 4th of July this year. It's had it's ups and downs through the years (anyone married this long knows what I mean) but it was good when it started and it's good now. I love fireworks, he doesn't so I usually watch what the neighbors have. Hope they do some good stuff this year.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:55 am

We are hosting a get-together for my mom's side of the family here at the lake. Just relatives, and only a portion of them could get here (some live in Texas, Louisiana, and New York).

35 total.

Should be interesting. The area across the lake from us is a short drive to a rez, so its got a touch of "shock and awe" during the 4th. Gets kinda outa control, especially down on the water. Im not a huge fan of blowing up my money (though we are all stuck doing it with gasoline), so I let the others burn theirs.

Should be some fishing, float the little spokane one day, floating golf, bocce ball, kayak/canoe, wakeboarding, and of course what all of us do the fourth:

EAT.

E

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:03 am

the sherrifs and staters have been sittin on the edge fo the res looking for cars coming from boom city this year.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 am

kavykid2k6 wrote:the sherrifs and staters have been sittin on the edge fo the res looking for cars coming from boom city this year.
The one near Anacortes?

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am

i know a great place to get fireworks on the east side of the state
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:33 am

I love the fourth, I think I am going to spend that weekend either backpacking through the north cascades or Olympics or sitting at the edge of a lake/on the lake fishing without catching anything. I might go to my work for the night of the fourth (it overlooks gas works park and there is no better view than what I can get from the roof/7th floor and it is open to employees all night long. Only problem is no alcohol allowed (go figure, it is a hospital after all). I may end up seeing what happens in the new neighbor hood I live in, BBQ in the backyard and protect my Dog from all the loud noises made by idiots blowing their fingers off (happened where I lived last fourth, it was gross.)

keep it safe whatever you do!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 pm

tulalip indian resevervation. cops love popin people for illegal fireworks coming off the res