Fishing Report: Mica Bay: 06-07-08

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Daltontribe
Petty Officer

Fishing Report: Mica Bay: 06-07-08

Post by Daltontribe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:53 am

I went fishing on Mica Creek, the water was very high touching the bottom of the bridge i was on, caught 4 cutthroats up to 20in, although the 20in broke 4lb test and took off with my Thomas Bouyant. On another not was using a 1/6th oz Thomas Cyclone when a large fish decided to eat it, again on 4lb test. I fought it for 5 minutes, not even seeing heads of tails of it. When i did get it in it turned out to be a 3ft+ pike, unfortunately when I attempted to land it I hit it on the head with the net and boom she was gone back to the depths. Saw another fisher person catch a fat 20+ inch cutt weighing in at over 4lbs. All landed fish were released of course.
Daniel

crankbait42
Commander

RE:Fishing Report: Mica Bay: 06-07-08

Post by crankbait42 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 pm

wheres mica creek?

Jesper
Petty Officer

Post by Jesper » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Mica Bay is a bay on the west side of Lake Coeur D'Alene in ID.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." - Henry Ford

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm

The last I heard, albeit several years ago, Mica Creek was closed to fishing. Has that changed? I used to live pretty close.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Lotech Joe wrote:The last I heard, albeit several years ago, Mica Creek was closed to fishing. Has that changed? I used to live pretty close.
I hope not...I've fished the mouth of it a few times.So this might be the evidence to get me a ticket:-$ So I HOPE not..

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 am

kevinb wrote:
Lotech Joe wrote:The last I heard, albeit several years ago, Mica Creek was closed to fishing. Has that changed? I used to live pretty close.
I hope not...I've fished the mouth of it a few times.So this might be the evidence to get me a ticket:-$ So I HOPE not..
It's possible that I'm thinking of the up-stream portion of Mica Creek or that part of the creek that is in Washington. I did live in Washington at the time and that's where my interest was.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Daltontribe
Petty Officer

Post by Daltontribe » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:53 pm

No Mica bay and creek are not closed the only two tributaries to Lake Coeur D Alene that are closed are Lake and Benewah Creeks and 100ft of the creek into the lake. I verified all this with Idaho Fish and Game.

Return to “Beyond the Northwest -Bud N Mary's Marina, Sponsor”