Long Lake topo map

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Long Lake topo map

Post by fish4brains » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey guys, I have searched high and low to no avail. I am looking for a topo map of Long Lake(Lake Spokane)in Spokane County. Any help would be great and yes I checked our own inventory unless I missed it.
Thanks.

reddog
Petty Officer

RE:Long Lake topo map

Post by reddog » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Good luck. I dont think you will find one. For a few reasons. One, it changes with the amount of flow. I mean that the "sand" shifts. Changing the "structure" This according to the sonar I have and what I have heard from others. Two, it is huge. From Nine Mile dam to Long Lake dam. So I figure that a good sonar with the ability to record what you "see" on the bottom is as close as you would get. And just match that up with gps points i.e. a lot of work. The Navonics chips/memory cards that I looked at have topo info for a LOT of water in eastern wa, but none of them covered Long Lake. The best one I found was "fishing hotspots". VERY accurate topo info. I mean as you move from one depth on the map to another, the sonar reflects that change at the same time. And water that doesnt have the topo info is accurate to the shore line and other land.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Is this what you are looking for?

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T ... ke%7cWa%7c

Remember that it is in meters.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:08 am

Thanks guys, reddog: I understand all your points but mapping with a boat sonar which is how we have found alot of our fish humps and pockets takes WAY to much time, I was hoping to speed that up. Thanks fishinislife I saw that map but it does not have enough underwater detail. Looks like im SOL.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:43 am

Are you fishing tournaments?

Sometimes a local is what you need.

Also, I just noticed that they are showing mean water level at 1534 in that map. The full pool water level is 1536' above MSL.

E
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:16 pm

The only tourny I have ever fished was last weekend, we did better than most but not as good as a few. I am really just looking for a map for personal use. I LOVE fishing that lake. I am just looking for under water structure and transitions that hold fish in the pre and post spawn, that is where you get the hawgs.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:41 pm

There are exactly zero maps that show the real transitions and structure. It is definitely a lake that is best fished by MANY days on the water and years of experience, as the flows and shapes change yearly.

E

Jesper
Petty Officer

Post by Jesper » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 am

There used to be a map store on the corner of Howard and Sprague in Spokane, but I haven't been there for a couple of years so I'm not sure if it still exists. If it does that might be a good bet to find something.
"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." - Henry Ford