Transportation alternatives

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Transportation alternatives

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:24 am

I like the bike idea Quad.
I have gotten to the point where there is really nothing I can do. I drive a car to work that gets great gas mileage and I turn in mileage reimbursements. What's a guy to do when you have to drive. I still put in the good stuff too. Gives my car better gas miles and it's not hard on the engine in the long run.
I have noticed a lot more people on buses and at bus stops in the morning.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Well, I'll put this thread to sleep by saying that I decided to go with just getting a standard hybrid style bike. That is for you not hip to bike lingo peeps ... something between a mountain bike style bike, and a road bike. I am staying away from the electric bike thing, just because I felt that I new I would go lazy on myself and just stay on the electric juice the whole way in, LOL
I have a 26 mile round trip, but the beauty is that most of it is on a paved pathway called the Burke Gillman Trail, so in the end... this may be my opportunity to get into shape without joining a gym. It's just a really big life shift in some ways, considering the extra time allowed, showers at work, etc.

Anyway.... have fun at the pumps!:-"
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 am

quadradomus wrote:Well, I'll put this thread to sleep by saying that I decided to go with just getting a standard hybrid style bike. That is for you not hip to bike lingo peeps ... something between a mountain bike style bike, and a road bike. I am staying away from the electric bike thing, just because I felt that I new I would go lazy on myself and just stay on the electric juice the whole way in, LOL
I have a 26 mile round trip, but the beauty is that most of it is on a paved pathway called the Burke Gillman Trail, so in the end... this may be my opportunity to get into shape without joining a gym. It's just a really big life shift in some ways, considering the extra time allowed, showers at work, etc.

Anyway.... have fun at the pumps!:-"

CONGRATS Quad!

Welcome to my world. I used to have a 37 miles round trip but with the recent move it is down to 24. If you need any advice or help I recommend you check out the Cascade Bike Club website. Posting on their forums is a sure fire way to get your questions on biking routes, gear, and rules answered or at least debated. And if I might ask, what brand/Model of Hybrid did you get? (I myself ride a Trek 7.2 FX and have loved it so far, putting almost 600 miles on it in less than 2 months) Happy peddling and stay safe! :thumleft:
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."