pipe and lake lucerne in king co public?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
crankbait42
Commander

pipe and lake lucerne in king co public?

Post by crankbait42 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:49 am

i have looked all over and i cant find out if they are public or not. i went there yesterday and there was a ramp but there was no one out there and i did not see any wdfw signs so i went to wilderness. if you know anything about whether these are public it would help. thanks

crawdad
Petty Officer

RE:pipe and lake lucerne in king co public?

Post by crawdad » Mon May 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Pipe and Lucerne are private lakes. If I am correct only the people that live in Cherokee bay may fish them.

Ron S
Petty Officer

Post by Ron S » Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 am

Both of theses are private lakes. The people that live in Cheroke Bay collect money to stock the lakes with monster brood stock.The best way to fish it with out any hastle is to find someone that lives in Cheroke Bay , BUT....... There is a public easment around the south end of Lucern. It is a little hard to find. It's about 8ft wide between two houses.There is no ramp so you will need a inflatable or a float tube. Good luck

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue May 27, 2008 11:21 am

I believe there is a distinction between "private" and lakes that don't have a developed public access. I think that is the case with these lakes. They are listed in washington state fishing guide as having a street end access...

gcbcaddis1
Angler

Post by gcbcaddis1 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:50 pm

I live in Cherokee Bay and there is no public access in that development. You must have a Cherokee Bay parking sticker to launch or park from Cherokee Bay. It is patrolled and enforced. There is another access on the southwest end on that is private with a dock and another on the south end that is acessed through Cedar Downs although I have never seen it other than from the lake so I am not sure how you get to it and I do not know if it is private or not. There have been some nice trout planted in the past, but due to property managenent company changes this year I have not heard of any stocking this year.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.