WL.com "Not Quite Trophy But Still Nice Bass Pictures" Gallery 2008

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
platinumroof
Warrant Officer

RE:WL.com "Not Quite Trophy But Still Nice Bass Pictures" Gallery 2008

Post by platinumroof » Mon May 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Jake,
In the interest of everyone trying to get along I would like to make a few comments:
I am positive that ChrisB was only trying to suggest some guidelines that work for most people. This is how we decided on what should be posted on the "Trophy Bass" thread. I think most of us would agree that if we started posting pictures from years past the thread would be out of hand. Maybe Mike will reset it every year so it will say "Trophy Bass '08, '09" etc...But I have to agree with Chris. I have been bass fishing for 10 years. Does everyone want to see fish I caught in 2000? I think the idea is to see current results. With all that being said I would like to congratulate you on that TOAD you caught last year. Don't take our comments as an attack on you, keep fishing, and keep posting!
Good luck,
Eric
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 12, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon May 12, 2008 10:25 pm

jake campbell wrote: why is everyone so critical? Does it really matter that much to you?

...Because they take things too seriously. Think about it. I was guilty of it at some point - so are/were many other people. And just not on this topic or that bass report from Silver Lake. It's in a lot of comments and reports/threads. Relax folks. Seriously. You're driving people off this site by making things so serious and the tension is way too high for a darn fishing forum...it's fishing guys...post all the pics you want, my god, have FUN. Keep the fish you want within legal bounds, who cares, post every darn picture you want within reason. Seems like there is drama all the time on these boards and it's getting downright foolish. Seems like a lot of folks find a compulsive habit for finding fault. Not all though. Tight Lines -- KTK
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 12, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:35 pm

kutthroatkilla wrote:
jake campbell wrote: why is everyone so critical? Does it really matter that much to you?

...Because they take things too seriously. Think about it. I was guilty of it at some point - so are/were many other people. And just not on this topic or that bass report from Silver Lake. It's in a lot of comments and reports/threads. Relax folks. Seriously. You're driving people off this site by making things so serious and the tension is way too high for a darn fishing forum...it's fishing guys...post all the pics you want, my god, have FUN. Keep the fish you want within legal bounds, who cares, post every darn picture you want within reason. Seems like there is drama all the time on these boards and it's getting downright foolish. Seems like a lot of folks find a compulsive habit for finding fault. Not all though. Tight Lines -- KTK
I have to kind of agree with KTK. My buddy is a member of a few four wheeling websites, that are almost identical to this website. They have a very extensive forum section, much like ours, and instead of posting reports on fishing lakes, they report information on current trail conditions. There is one big difference. They are so much more laid back and relaxed about things. If someone posts a picture that is a month older than when it was suppose to have been taken, or perhaps the picture was a few pixels larger than it was suppose to be, they really don't care at all. They get along great and nobody takes a minor error or two get in their way of having fun. Things on this website, I must agree, get way too serious and ANAL at times. Take a deep breath, post some cool pictures, don't rip people's heads off and try to have fun. This website is about fun, when it comes down to it. Glad you brought it up KTK.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Again in Chris's defense he didn't say you can't post pictures. He was only making a suggestion about the two sticky threads. Anyone can start a thread about anything and post a picture of any fish they want. And it seems that the harshest, most uptight, intolerant comments are coming from the people who are saying to relax and be more tolerant. Oddly hypocritical I'd say. Or maybe it's just a liberal thing.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Any more pics?:-"
Keep 'em coming

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon May 12, 2008 11:38 pm

platinumroof wrote:
And it seems that the harshest, most uptight, intolerant comments are coming from the people who are saying to relax and be more tolerant. Oddly hypocritical I'd say.

My point is simply that people take this stuff too seriously and it gets out of hand too quick. I've curtailed lots of my reports and due to immense criticism I have received via report comment threads and PM's. Maybe I'm just 1 out of the 1000's, but I doubt that's the case. I believe we must all step back and take a deep breath and move on. It's a fishing website after all, we come here to unwind, not wind ourselves up. WL.com is a good site with even better intentions. That's just my .02 ... now moving on ... post on with the pictures!

:cheers: KTK
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 13, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:02 am

Come on fellas. Let's just get back to the fish pictures....Anyone?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue May 13, 2008 6:31 am

I'm sorry I started this firestorm. I'll post my current fish pics and keep my comments to myself.
aka Powerworm

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Tue May 13, 2008 6:52 am

Come on boys, it's time to go fishin' and get rid of life's worries!!! One thing I have learned in the past 60 years...Lifes to short to argue about petty things. I would rather use my time fishin'.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:14 am

platinumroof wrote:Again in Chris's defense he didn't say you can't post pictures. He was only making a suggestion about the two sticky threads. Anyone can start a thread about anything and post a picture of any fish they want. And it seems that the harshest, most uptight, intolerant comments are coming from the people who are saying to relax and be more tolerant. Oddly hypocritical I'd say. Or maybe it's just a liberal thing.
Exactly. What is so hard about making your own thread if you want to post a bunch of random fish pictures? Nobody will say anything.

These are stickied threads with a specific purpose. Nobody is trying to make a forum-wide ruling on anything here. This one spawned off of the "trophy pics" thread which had guidelines about weight and the pictures of fish being from this year so I think it would be safe to assume that those guidelines would still be in place, albeit without the weight restrictions.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 13, 2008 9:18 am

There is the fishing pictures section in freshwater fishing that is perfect ! It has no guidelines just for pictures!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Tue May 13, 2008 10:49 am

I'd also like to "cast my vote" for current pics only. Like Taz said, there's a thread in Freshwater fishing for posting up any and all fishing pics that you might want to broadcast on the world wide web.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

jake campbell
Petty Officer

Post by jake campbell » Tue May 13, 2008 7:32 pm

:fish: No problem guys I guess I kind of overreacted about Chris Bs comment but I have seen other people be put down too for what they posted on here so I wanted to see what the whole fuss was about, and find out the rules.

I agree with the current photos and I'll be posting some new ones soon hopefully!!:compress:

Hey No hard Feelings Chris B :thumright :thumleft:

Peace
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 13, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue May 13, 2008 7:43 pm

No hard feelings either Jake. I think I'll start fishing cranks more with the success you have showed.
aka Powerworm

jake campbell
Petty Officer

Post by jake campbell » Tue May 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Right on Chris. Yeah cranks were the hot baits last year.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 am

Here is a 5 pounder!! I had a few more a little bigger than this one and a picture of my friend and his second bass a 4 pounder but lost in the transaction or bad pics.#-o
Attachments
th_Offut5pounder.jpg
th_Offut5pounder.jpg (5.28 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 21, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Good job out there,hope to get me a bass outa there soon!!!
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

cole
Angler

Post by cole » Fri May 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Three nice fish all caught yesterday using a gold spinner bait. 5.0,4.7,4.2 lbs
Attachments
.03_steil_003.JPG
.03_steil_003.JPG (161.79 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
.03_steil_001.JPG