Kapowsin on sunday

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
skimpy
Commander

Kapowsin on sunday

Post by skimpy » Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I heard people are catching big ones out of Kapowsin. Anyone know what works best on that lake? I'm going out with some buds on Sunday and I want that monster bass.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JWerner
Warrant Officer

RE:Kapowsin on sunday

Post by JWerner » Thu May 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Good Luck. I was thinking of heading that way possibly. 2.5 words of advice - -- Jig N Pig

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Thu May 22, 2008 7:48 pm

I'd also bring a spinnerbait, some Senkos, and maybe some trick worms.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu May 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks JWerner Maybe I'll see ya there!!!
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

njrick
Angler

Post by njrick » Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 pm

2 more words of advice: GO SLOW. There are stumps almost everywhere, and lots just below the surface that you can't see. If you use the public launch at the north end of the lake off of Kapowsin Highway, watch out for the stump near the end of the dock. It used to be marked, but someone ripped the marker out. Before you launch, take a walk out to the end of the dock so you can see where it is. It's about 5 feet out into the ramp area. I agree with JWerner on the jig-n-pig too. Good luck.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Two more words of attention or advice...Meth Heads...watch for them, watch your vehicle. Don't leave athing in your vehicle worth anything. Kapwosin is loaded with these people and they will bust out a carwindow and take a quarter if you leave it out !! Hire a bunch of kids for like 20 bucks to watch the parking lot it would be money well spent!!
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 pm

:thumright If you want lunkers I would use Monster worms. I have caught many large fish with them this year. Work them slow.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

burkartk
Angler

Post by burkartk » Fri May 30, 2008 3:52 pm

I heard purple senko's work well here. See you sunday Skimpy.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri May 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Don't break a Trolling motor ! I did on Kapow-wow once. I can't wait to see this report !
aka Powerworm

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Fri May 30, 2008 7:32 pm

I will see ya sunday burkartk .

Hey ChrisB wheres the hotspots on Kapowsin? I talked to ericksons boat house yesterday and was told a guy pulled a 7 pounder the day before.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat May 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Hot spots on Kapowsin? Hmmm I haven't been there in years. It all looks the same to me actually. Fish your strengths and let us know what happens. If I wasn't busy tomorrow I might have joined you guys, in my 9 foot boat not my bass boat lol. I wouldn't doubt the 7 lber. You don't hear about them anymore, but they haven't went anywhere. Good luck !!
aka Powerworm

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:33 am

Kapowsin is awesome most days. When I fish it, I head out to the right of the public dock and fish the shallows with spinnerbaits to start. Next is the pylons left over from what might of been an old dock a little further down the lake. Then it's shoreline the rest of the time. Stump city is to the left of the dock. Fished it once with alright results. But you'd be best to oar into it, not gun into it. Saw people stuck on stumps in there before, entertaining yes, but no fun for them. As for the meth heads, I've only heard stories so far. Guess I've been lucky or they figure my beat up old truck isn't worth the trouble. Good luck out there guys!
Tight lines, JG

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Stump city all right. Me and some buddies went Sunday and caught no Largemouth. Only rock bass and trout. They all had lock jaw. Too many stumps, probablly won't be back.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 pm

That sucks skimpy. You are right, stumps everywhere !! I haven't been out there in years like I said, was hoping you would catch them good. Some of those stumps will scare you they are so big lol.
aka Powerworm

Brianh
Petty Officer

Post by Brianh » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:30 am

This is one lake where you can really wack a lot of bass on buzzbaits. Not sure why, but we have been fishing it for years, and it has been the number one numbers baits for us out there. Now for big fish, well, use big baits. Bigger the better.
Brianh
Panic Minnows
"Rain or Shine, I'm going fishin"

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Yea, this lake is full of Rock Bass also. But, last time I fished that lake I was fishing for stumps rather than fish. JUST BE CAREFUL WITH ALL THOSE STUMPS, TRUST ME..
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Huskies!

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:13 pm

If I ever do go back out to "Stump City" Kapowsin, I will try a buzz bait.