Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Post by kevinb » Tue May 20, 2008 10:26 pm

So who's going where? and what are you fishing for?

I honestly can't answer this question yet. I have a few plans kicking around....go to previous spots,with great memories or go to a new place and start some new ones.:-"

I don't usually have the pleasure of having the entire weekend off. I usually would just lay low.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 pm

I am going to be hanging around Offut probably with the kids :cheers: I will be bass fishing, trout fishing and even hitting some pumpkin seed also :cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Taking a flight home Friday afternoon to spend the weekend fishing and hanging with the family.
Saturday: Gonna run around to 5 or 6 secret lakes/spots and fish for bass with a good buddy of mine.
Sunday: Trout fishing in the morning, turn the boat around and take it to the salt if the conditions permit and do some lingcod fishing. Hopefully I'll be eating some fresh lingcod at dinner...
Monday morning: Trout fishing again, then flying back to school in the afternoon to finish up the final few weeks....
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 20, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm not going to fight the crowd. I'm going to cook up a big batch of beef short ribs in my crockpot and take them to my folks' house, and eat and have a few drinks with my pops on the deck.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

kevinb wrote:So who's going where? and what are you fishing for?

I honestly can't answer this question yet. I have a few plans kicking around....go to previous spots,with great memories or go to a new place and start some new ones...
I am in the same boat...I know I'm not working, I know I'm going fishing...just where I don't know, yet. :scratch:
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Tue May 20, 2008 11:13 pm

beerman1981 wrote:I'm not going to fight the crowd. I'm going to cook up a big batch of beef short ribs in my crockpot and take them to my folks' house, and eat and have a few drinks with my pops on the deck.
The crowds on the weekends at *some* lakes are just too much. I try to fish the weekday if I can...way less pressure and way more nature. The weekends are when you get all that crazy stuff on the lakes...sounds like a pretty sweet weekend there beerman! Good stuff...KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 21, 2008 4:00 am

I am staying at my neighbors property right out of Vantage (Desert Aire). Probally going to fish the columbia and some smaller lakes by his place. The best thing is he is right between the Quincy area lakes and the Potholes.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed May 21, 2008 5:23 am

Sat: My Son's 3rd birthday party
Sun: Taking my Son fishing on Tapps (or maybe Bonney)
Mon: Fishing with 2000Subaru

It'll be a good weekend :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 21, 2008 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Wed May 21, 2008 6:28 am

Going to Roche lake in BC to play with the big rainbows. Ice is off, turnover is done, should be several dozen 20"+ bows swimming around with sore mouths after the holiday weekend.
Life's short - fish hard!

crawdad
Petty Officer

Post by crawdad » Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 am

I will be taking my children fishing to the lakes near our home so they can have fun in the ones I know that are good producers.

Bscman
Warrant Officer

Post by Bscman » Wed May 21, 2008 7:28 am

Hmmm....
My local favorites are going to be PACKED with all those "twice a year *wild* outdoorsmen" taking their kids camping and what not....

Saturday: Work around my parent's house...helping them finish up their shed and garden.
Sunday: Trying to figure out which local lake will have the *fewest* yahoo's, and try some shoulder-to-shoulder shore fishing.
Monday: Head up to Larrabee State Park and hike into Lost Lake...the campers should be packing up and out of the way.
My buddy was up there early last week knocking 'em dead with black/silver rooster tails.

Nothing exciting, as you see.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 am

I'll be heading out to Oregon (Duck Country-quack) for a two day fishing trip with Dad and Brother. The lake is called Hafner I believe, not sure. I'm trying to find some info on it. Great stories about this lake from friend. I will be targeting everyhting from Trout to Catfish. EXCITED!
Go Huskies!

Gotcha
Petty Officer

Post by Gotcha » Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 am

Since everyone else is going to be packing up the lakes I think I'm going to lie low this weekend. I've got a promotion test coming up and I need to be studying anyway. The following weekend, after my test, I think I'll be heading over to CDA.
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

urbanangler
Warrant Officer

Post by urbanangler » Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 am

hmm, plans, planning, might help. >8+|
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed May 21, 2008 8:20 am

playing softball in moses lake, so, im going to hit all my lil bass ponds and panfish hotspots to fill up the freezer. lower scootney, mesa lake, and some secret spots. staying away from the crowds, as far as, fishing! HAVE A SAFE ONE EVERYBODY!!!

MIKE U.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed May 21, 2008 8:39 am

Talked a buddy of mine from work into getting a float tube so I'm taking him on his first bass fishing expedition. We're going to head down to Thurston County Sunday morning and spend the whole day floating and fishing.

My wife says I'm cutting grass on Monday. If I get up before her I might could sneak out again first :-"
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed May 21, 2008 9:35 am

Been trolling Lake Wa and doing ok.only a few over the 16'' range.Been a strange year for me on Lk. Wa.Will fish it for the 3 day weekend.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 am

AaronE wrote:Talked a buddy of mine from work into getting a float tube so I'm taking him on his first bass fishing expedition. We're going to head down to Thurston County Sunday morning and spend the whole day floating and fishing.

My wife says I'm cutting grass on Monday. If I get up before her I might could sneak out again first :-"
What lakes are you hitting? Sparky and I will be on Offut :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 21, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 am

bigbasstaz wrote:What lakes are you hitting? Sparky and I will be on Offut :cheers:
Probably Chambers. Fished there the first time last weekend for a few hours, just to scope it out. Landed 4, lost 5, biggest landed was right at 3 pounds. I didn't get to spend nearly as much time on the lake as I would have liked so we'll probably hit that one. Haven't fished Offut before but will check it out :thumleft:
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed May 21, 2008 10:28 am

I think I will give trout a break this weekend. Time for some fresh Razor clams and fish and chips. My plan, depending on the weather of course. Is to drive to Westport dig a limit of clams. Drop them off at either my brothers or my dads to keep cool. Then fish either the south or north Jettys for lingcod and or rockfish. If the fishing is good enough on saturday I will just drive the Reel Nut over to my brothers RV park down on the docks (The Totem RV Park) instead of driving all the way home and back with her to fish it again on Sunday.

Might also look at sturgeon fishing.
Rips some lips.