WashingtonLakes.com Trash Cleanup Planning Thread

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

WashingtonLakes.com Trash Cleanup Planning Thread

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Post all suggestions as to planning an on going lake and river clean up program.

Perhaps, since gas is an issue, some regions could be divided into sub regions. For instance, Region 1 would be divided into these two areas:

Region 1A- Spokane county north to the border.
Region 1B- South of Spokane county.

Those people living in one of those sub regions would select a person(s) who would be a great coordinator and plan functions for their sub regions.

That's a start............feedback?
Attachments
State_Regions1_1.tiff.jpg
State_Regions1_1.tiff.jpg (62.01 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Trash Cleanup Planning Thread

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm

I will be glad to be the contact/research person for Thurston co. area :cheers:

I suggest we just put on little ones here and there and if it works out have a BIG one?
I want to get out to McIntosh soon send me a pm if interested and we will set something up when we can!!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu May 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Great idea. :cheers: I would be willing to be the guy for the Kitsap Peninsula. And actually, I think everytime I go out with someone from this site from here on out, I will make it a point that we do a clean-up session. I know a couple of guys out here who would be totally down to do this regularly.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu May 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Can someone contact a few state, county and cities offices and see if any of them would be willing to cover the cost of the disposal of trash for a organized cleanup?

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu May 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:Can someone contact a few state, county and cities offices and see if any of them would be willing to cover the cost of the disposal of trash for a organized cleanup?
Being as I am not back to work until wed. I will do that tomorrow and see what the state can offer:cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm super busy at this point, heck I'm not even in Washington, but would be more then willing to get active as a participant in the King County area...Would love to see a few days out at Pine/Beaver or something, have a few fellas from the site meet up, pick some trash up and then do a little fishing together...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 15, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Thu May 15, 2008 10:28 pm

This is a great idea marc, if anyone is planning a clean up event anywhere around the pierce county area just shoot me a PM or post it on here and you can count me in.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Thu May 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri May 16, 2008 12:26 am

Sam Kafelafish wrote:I'm super busy at this point, heck I'm not even in Washington, but would be more then willing to get active as a participant in the King County area...Would love to see a few days out at Pine/Beaver or something, have a few fellas from the site meet up, pick some trash up and then do a little fishing together...
Just throwing this out there.

Would it be wrong to go clean the lakes and rivers with the intent of fishing them at the same time or right after?

Example.

We meet at X-lake with WL members...clean for a few hours and then fish. :-"

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:03 am

kevinb wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote:I'm super busy at this point, heck I'm not even in Washington, but would be more then willing to get active as a participant in the King County area...Would love to see a few days out at Pine/Beaver or something, have a few fellas from the site meet up, pick some trash up and then do a little fishing together...

Would it be wrong to go clean the lakes and rivers with the intent of fishing them at the same time or right after?

Example.

I'm not sure I catch your drift...

After putting in a few hours to clean a place up, why couldn't why or why shouldn't we reward ourselves with a little fishing time and get to know some of the fine folks on this site some more???

I'm all for cleaning up our parks/launches, and if we are just gonna do clean up gigs, then I'm all for it. But I guess what I'm saying is, why not make it a little get together and have everyone fish too...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 am

kevinb wrote:

Example.

Oh ya!
I wouldn't be able to clean-up a lake and not fish it. This is the benefit of our service. A two for one package deal. And I can guarantee the fishing Gods will be shining down on you that day.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 am

I have been making calls all morning and have found this;

DNR would be interested in helping with their lakes I am waiting for a list of those and to talk to their restoration person!

Thurston county is calling me back Monday and I am going to make some calls to other counties as they will be the people to help us with MOST lakes.

I will also contact some of the power companies to see what they can do at their lakes.

If any body has any other ideas please let me know:cheers:
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri May 16, 2008 8:15 am

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
kevinb wrote:

Example.

I'm not sure I catch your drift...

After putting in a few hours to clean a place up, why couldn't why or why shouldn't we reward ourselves with a little fishing time and get to know some of the fine folks on this site some more???

I'm all for cleaning up our parks/launches, and if we are just gonna do clean up gigs, then I'm all for it. But I guess what I'm saying is, why not make it a little get together and have everyone fish too...
Nailed it.
I'm usually a little better with grammer and explanations(wording)I was half asleep:-$
I didn't want to assume...show up to clean and then (Expect) to fish afterwards. With the possibility of local media being out there, didn't want it to look like a fishing trip with a little clean up on the side. I'm still asleep...um.
So point being....bring your rods too!!!

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am

It looks like this will have to be broke down by counties #-o No body but dnr and Thurston co. has offered help it is going to take many calls and time! I can handle DNR and Thurston county but people need to contact their local counties and see what they can find out! Once this starts going and we get some contacts it should be easier but we need to find those contacts.

TAZ
Photo bucket

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri May 16, 2008 9:10 am

Marc Martyn wrote:Can someone contact a few state, county and cities offices and see if any of them would be willing to cover the cost of the disposal of trash for a organized cleanup?
I just saw this right now...I can do it Marc. Thanks for starting this thread properly and we will organize everything thru this thread. Thanks again everyone and especially to TAZ...thanks for the idea man. This is going to take off! I'm going to contact WDFW as I have some ties there. Also, Ranger Station in North Bend will helps us King County folks out...I'll swing in there and chat with them. Thanks TAZ for what you're doing by making the calls and making this happen. Breaking it down by counties is the way to go...so here's the deal. I can do a weekend in June and it will be 3 lakes...Beaver Lake, Cottage Lake, and Pine Lake and even maybe Rattlesnake Lake. I was thinking of doing RS a little earlier right now due to all the trash and lines. This has the potential to really take off into something meaningful and I really do hope we go about it the right way and get groups of 3 or 4 together and carpool and do this...then fish afterwards! I'm just 1 guy but hopefully 3 more will be apart of my group and we can all carpool and save gas money. KTK
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri May 16, 2008 11:15 am

kutthroatkilla wrote:I can do a weekend in June and it will be 3 lakes...Beaver Lake, Cottage Lake, and Pine Lake and even maybe Rattlesnake Lake. I was thinking of doing RS a little earlier right now due to all the trash and lines. This has the potential to really take off into something meaningful and I really do hope we go about it the right way and get groups of 3 or 4 together and carpool and do this...then fish afterwards! I'm just 1 guy but hopefully 3 more will be apart of my group and we can all carpool and save gas money. KTK[/size]
:cheers: I may try to plan a trip up to help/meet/see new water :cheers:
One thing I want to say KTK is we shouldn't restrict size of gathering I feel the more the merrier heck bring the familys:cheers:
But I do agree we need to car pool and such where possible.

TAZ
Photo bucket

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri May 16, 2008 11:33 am

I can hit a bunch of lakes in south king county. There is a public park on most of the lakes down here, they get pretty well taken care of by the parks department, but there are still a bunch of lakes that need to be picked up.

The Quincy and Pothole areas get pretty beet up all summer long. I will more than likely be spending Memorial weekend around there and will hit both those areas with some trash bags. There will be a bunch of us there so I can probally get about 5 helpers and do a little clean up in the desert.

I will let you all know how it goes

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Fri May 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

This is a great idea and I appreciate the initiative you guys are taking. We have done a couple clean-ups years ago (Cowlitz river Blue Creek and Little Cavanaugh lake - articles are in the archives).

I'll post on the front page Fresh Bait section announcements when you guys have lakes selected. If someone can take pictures and write a short story of each clean up I will post the to the site.

A suggestion - target one clean up ech side of the state and give about a 3-4 week advanced notice to have some time to generate interest and commitments.

Thanks!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Fri May 16, 2008 6:04 pm

I would love to help organize the effort in pierce county only my schedule wouldn't permit me to do so, however when someone once to get together to hit a lake here in the county.
In fact talking about this reminds me to ask if someone on here would know about this. I grew up in Oklahoma where it is legal only in rivers to set trot lines but they had to be supervised, when I was out on American this afternoon I was passing by a jug in the water to grab it and it said do not disturb on it and it was tied down somehow so I just assumed it was a trot line. So anyway my question is does anyone know what the reg's are on this? My first instinct was to pull it up and toss it but I was unsure and I didn't want to screw with someone else's stuff.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”