Im New... Where to go for bass?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
frazier_17
Angler

Im New... Where to go for bass?

Post by frazier_17 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey i have been reading the reports and visiting the site for a while now, but just now joined. I am new to bass fishing and really have no idea what im doing but i really want to get into it... I live in puyallup, i was hoping someone could tell me if there is any good lakes around here and maybe give me a couple pointers...i need it haha
thanks a lot!!!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Im New... Where to go for bass?

Post by kevinb » Tue May 13, 2008 10:13 pm

frazier_17 wrote:Hey i have been reading the reports and visiting the site for a while now, but just now joined. I am new to bass fishing and really have no idea what im doing but i really want to get into it... I live in puyallup, i was hoping someone could tell me if there is any good lakes around here and maybe give me a couple pointers...i need it haha
thanks a lot!!!
Hang on a few. Theres a ton of knowledgable bass guys here that will gladly help you out.
Welcome aboard

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 pm

You will get plenty of tips here :cheers: WELCOME!! I will leave that area of the state up to others but if you ever venture to Olympia I am always fishing!!

As far as tips I would say to read some past information from here on the forums and start with a Senko worm in a natural color and a 3 O hook rigged like this(click here) with no weight :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 pm

As for techniques,I'll save that for the bass guys.
Nearby lakes are Steel,fivemile,trout.
Tanwax seems to do well along with Kapowsin(makes sure you have a gun:-" ) Tapps is great for smallies,there are largemouth in there but more rare. There's tons of others...even Bradley has a few LMB but hard to catch.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:56 pm

There's some folks here from the South sound that should help you out...

We are in the pre-spawn, perhaps spawn period of the bass season. It's probably one of the easiest to boat a lot of fish, and it should be encouraging for you to go out now and probably have a great chance at hooking into something. Fishing up shallow is also something I've also found to be much less intimidating then fishing deeper water...

I'd suggest picking up a few Spinnerbaits, a few jigs, and a few different plastics and some bullet weights and 3/0 hooks. Offset worm hooks. Senkos, lizards, curly tail worms all pop into my head as some good ones to start with. Texas rig em and work em off the bottom, or if the bass are biting real good, sometimes swimming em in will take em just as good.

Welcome to the site. Hope you like it and stick around.
Best of luck to you in pursuit of the bass. I'm by no means the most qualified guy on here to talk to ya about bass fishing, but if you need some additional pointers, feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 14, 2008 7:02 pm

just punching this forward to see if someone can help

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 pm

Pick up a Shad Rap too, that lure got me hooked on bass fishing.

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Wed May 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I was working in Puyallup about 8yrs back right behind the YMCA the road across the street will take you to a nice little pond thats loaded with bass.I would run down at lunch and cast off the bank,and landed some nice ones. The pond is small so you can walk all around it.And up the same road there's another small lake with a park thats good too.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!