Lake Wa?????

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Lake Wa?????

Post by racfish » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm

I've been fishing Lk Wa quite a bit lately.I know its been cold but the fishing this year is pretty darn slow .Saturday morn I was catching a few 8-10" trout but Sunday not even any follow ups.Now I usually only fish the west side of the lake.Usually by now there would be mass jumpers and follow ups chasing spoons and spinners.Saturday I threw a Roostertail at them and they hit.Sunday they didnt even follow nor jump at all.
My qustion is, would 1 day of chilly weather make that much of a difference.Has anyone else been fishing the lake with poor success? I havent seen much fishing pressure anywhere on Lk Wa.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

RE:Lake Wa?????

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon May 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Lake WA can be a tough nut to crack if restricted to shore fishing.

In general, I do better catching trout from shore on the nastiest windiest rainiest coldest weather.

Bass and panfish need a good blast of warm weather, and the bite can die off rapidly when a cold front comes in.

This weekend may be a good time for a panfish spot I know of on the big lake...
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 12, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon May 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Yes I did but they were not cooperative at all.I threw Krokodiles,Mepps,Lil Jewels,Castmasters,Vibrex and Roostertails with only a few caught in the 6-10" range .Way under my keeping size.I tried Nightcrawlers on bobbers and Patsukes eggs.No luck.I saw them at the Rev.G Murphy dock.Yes Lake Wa can be a real b4st4rd to fish .Like you my best days come when the white caps are splashing all over.I was gonna boat it on Sunday but the wind action in the AM was horrible.Plus it was cold.Im sick and tired of wearing long underwear to go fishing.Hehehe.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

David Z.
Petty Officer

Post by David Z. » Mon May 12, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't think it is the cool weather as much as the falling barometer puts the fish off the bite. I have been keeping track of this in my fishing notebook and I do a lot better when the barometer is steady or rising.

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Yea, I think everyone's points/advice is right on point with Lake Washington. Fishing is pretty tough for shore fisherman right now. I usually do good with the bass, sunfish, and perch when the weather is warmer. There are times when I get pretty fustrated with Lk . WA because I know the areas I'm fishing hold fish but the weather or something is hold'em back. But, when the bite is on you catch quality fish out this lake, that is what keeps me coming back. I need to take a look at my fishing log from last year and see when I started to pull fish in. It was late spring for sure tho..

My advice is keep trying various lures, baits, fishing methods and the odds are sooner or later you will hook into fish on this lake. It's a great lake becuase you really have to fish a number of times to get on top of the fish.
Go Huskies!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 pm

Not only is it a great lake to fish but I can walk less then a block to be there.In the Andrews Bay area bass,crappie and perch fishing has always been good to me.I was ready to boat it Sunday but the weather didnt cooperate.One of my favorite trolling areas is I-90.I go up and back on the Lacey Morrow Bridge then down to Leschi.Usually limit by then if boating.I could boat it everytime but my boat is kinda a 2 person boat.Plus I really only get Sat and Sunday to fish.I like the docks when comming home from work.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...