Triple Threat

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

Triple Threat

Post by raffensg64 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:02 am

I witnessed three game wardens (WOW!), each in a separate vehicle, stage a military style assault on Medical Lake yesterday. One initially parked at Waterfront Park, walked to high ground, and for a while observed several fishermen located at the launch and cliffs. A couple minutes later two more wardens showed up at the park. Sensing something was up, I held off on walking my pups and stayed back where I could observe. All three then mounted up and quickly drove the short distance to the launch, with two proceeding to the launch and one parking up top and quickly walking to the cliffs. A minute or two later a Medical Lake police officer showed up. That's an awful lot of law just to check a few licenses!

I don't know the reason for this operation, but in the end a couple guys ended up a wardens vehicle, where it looked as though they were issued citations.

Some folks just don't get it. Why tempt fate on a lake in the middle of a town filled with concerned citizens? This isn't your usual, isolated channeled scabland lake!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Triple Threat

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 am

Yes!!!!! Another couple busted!:cheers:

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm

wow thats flippin crazy. I bet it was a site to see some punk kids or adults get busted.

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Thu May 08, 2008 6:24 pm

mikecrawford16 wrote:wow thats flippin crazy. I bet it was a site to see some punk kids or adults get busted.
Why is it when they are kids, they are "punk kids", but "adults" are just "adults"?:scratch:
Glad they are cracking down on violators, be it punk kids or adults.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:32 pm

fish4brains wrote:
mikecrawford16 wrote:wow thats flippin crazy. I bet it was a site to see some punk kids or adults get busted.
Why is it when they are kids, they are "punk kids", but "adults" are just "adults"?:scratch:
Cause kids are never up to any good....:-"
I get stereotyped for it all the time, being 19....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Thu May 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
fish4brains wrote:
Cause kids are never up to any good....:-"
I get stereotyped for it all the time, being 19....
same here, the large knife on my belt doesn't make people trust me more either.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri May 09, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks raff,
Sometimes, people just plain have to learn the hard way. And sometimes it's fun to watch. Too bad it can't all be caught on video and broadcast on the local news stations. Crooks gettin' busted on TV for what crooks do, just might send some of the crooks somewhere else.
This is another case of We Win. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”