trout fishing Auburn Wa

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
trina
Angler

trout fishing Auburn Wa

Post by trina » Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi I would like to take my 11 year old son fishing, but i would like to stay close to home. Do you know of any fresh water fishing spots in or around Auburn?

gpc
Admiral

RE:trout fishing Auburn Wa

Post by gpc » Wed May 30, 2007 3:37 pm

I dont know of any actually in Auburn but here is a list of lakes close to Auburn:

Lake wilderness
Lake meridian
North Lake
Lake Morton
Lake saywer
Lake Tapps
Boney Lake

I can give yo directions to all these lakes as well, There is also a whole bunch of lakes in the Federal Way area too if you would be intrested in those

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Hit up Google Earth of Google maps and find your house and just look and see what lakes are nearby...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cmessling07
Petty Officer

Post by cmessling07 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:19 pm

Lake Killarney and Lake Geneva are both on the Auburn/Federal Way city limits area. Both are Off the Weyerhauser exit on 18

Jimmy Jimsoks
Petty Officer

Post by Jimmy Jimsoks » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Don't try lake tapps for trout fishing.... You wont get anything because the trout cant get in because they have a net or something blocking them from the river or stream if i remember correctly. If there are any i bet the muskies gobble them up.
-Jimmy

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:37 pm

I found a couple other lakes around Auburn today. There is holm lake and moneysmith. Holm gets planted with trout but moneysmith doesn't. Both these lakes are actually in black diamond, but are on the border of balck diamond