Comfort baits?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tnj8222
Admiral

RE:Comfort baits?

Post by tnj8222 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
kickerfish wrote:For me it is a Zoom finesse worm (green pumpkin) dipped in Spike it on a 3/16oz bullet weight pegged. It never fails to pull in a least one fish every time out. You get a lot of smaller bass but the occasional 3lber grabs hold. I also use it to follow up a short strike on top water.
+

KickerFish , waz up dude .. I remember you on another thread months ago talking about this same worm .. Question how many times have you switched up on colors, size , weights etc ..It's cool to find a worm that you like but im almost positive that you could equal or maybe even better results with some adjustments .. Im not pickn on ya so dont take it that way . Im just wondering if you have atleast experimented with that worm at all .. The reason im asking is because i stop using those worms because all i got was smaller bass or perch . I just never messed around with different colors or sizes .. :clown: BBD
worms rock. i got my pb at 9 lbs years ago on a 7 inch purple power worm. man i miss the fishing in north carolina lol.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:55 pm

BBD - you still use your BACON, don't ya?

KIDinc
Angler

Post by KIDinc » Tue May 06, 2008 6:35 pm

My fav type of lure is a jointed crank. Lucky Lures are the choice to fish. There spendy but are a sure hook.

SilverLakeBoy
Petty Officer

Post by SilverLakeBoy » Tue May 06, 2008 9:15 pm

lets see hmmm lol....

-jigs
-all creature baits
-senkos
-tubes
-buzzbait
-cranks
-d-shot

good luck guys

thanks, Casey
Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution

"Never Give Up!" Mike Iaconelli

Caseysbaits.com Cutting Edge Custom Baits

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 pm

SilverLakeBoy wrote:lets see hmmm lol....

-jigs
-all creature baits
-senkos
-tubes
-buzzbait
-cranks
-d-shot

good luck guys

thanks, Casey
Doesn't look like there is much you don't like :-" :cheers: That is why you got the pig of the year:salut:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Tue May 06, 2008 10:00 pm

bigbasstaz wrote: Drop shot sounds ok but seems like it would be easy to loose a BIG fish and I don't like the idea of that!!
You'd be surprised how drop shotting will work on big fish. Most people use drop shot in a finesse manner, but it is not limited to "sissy" fishing. Step up in line strength, weight, hook, lure size, and rod power and you have what I call alpha shotting. Leave the sissy stuff at home because only alpha males drop shot this way. :-$ :farao:

I have caught 5 lb bass on 6# test on my drop shot rig. Despite being among wooden pilings, neither my spinning (sissy) reel nor my medium light drop shot rod (medium light doesn't mean weak) broke a sweat. Watching the rod bend to protect the 6# line (Sea Guar Invizx) was an amazing sight to behold. Hate to say it, but she didn't have a chance.:cheers:

My heavier DS rig is a 7' Casting Loomis rod mated to a Curado 101D. Once again, sissies stay home. Did I mention while messing around at the Dash Point dock, my buddy caught a big pink salmon with the drop shot? :brilsmurf

I guess my point is, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, not even a big fish. #-o

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

islandbass wrote:
bigbasstaz wrote: Drop shot sounds ok but seems like it would be easy to loose a BIG fish and I don't like the idea of that!!
You'd be surprised how drop shotting will work on big fish. Most people use drop shot in a finesse manner, but it is not limited to "sissy" fishing. Step up in line strength, weight, hook, lure size, and rod power and you have what I call alpha shotting. Leave the sissy stuff at home because only alpha males drop shot this way. :-$ :farao:

I have caught 5 lb bass on 6# test on my drop shot rig. Despite being among wooden pilings, neither my spinning (sissy) reel nor my medium light drop shot rod (medium light doesn't mean weak) broke a sweat. Watching the rod bend to protect the 6# line (Sea Guar Invizx) was an amazing sight to behold. Hate to say it, but she didn't have a chance.:cheers:

My heavier DS rig is a 7' Casting Loomis rod mated to a Curado 101D. Once again, sissies stay home. Did I mention while messing around at the Dash Point dock, my buddy caught a big pink salmon with the drop shot? :brilsmurf

I guess my point is, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, not even a big fish. #-o
I like what you have to say and I will indeed give it a shot! I need to do some research I guess and get my facts straight#-o

Thanks,
TAZ
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 pm

Taz,

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit strong. Last season, I delved into learning the drop shot and quickly developed a passion for it because of its simplicity and its amazing effectiveness. So much so that I want to share it with everyone and hope that they give it a shot.

I'm going to put the same effort into Jigs and Trailers. I'm still a jig virgin! #-o Doh!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed May 07, 2008 7:29 am

cavdad45 wrote:BBD - you still use your BACON, don't ya?

I havent broke it out this season yet , Im working on some new Bacon this year , extra lean and extra crispy ...look out for in the coming months .. ill keep you posted C-Dad ..:bounce: BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 am

Hey BBD what's up, I have mixed it up at times and have thrown it (zoom finess worm) weightless under docks at Lake Norman (Back in NC) and managed to catch a limit of 2lbers. I have black and red flaked watermelon ones as well and seem to work fine also. I will also rig it with a small spot remover jig head if the lake is not too weedy. I have used it on a drop shot rig. This worm is very universal. I always have it rigged up when I feel there is need for severe finesse fishing. Not my way to fish all the time ( I throw cranks (jerk, lipless and DT10's) and SBs 75% of the time, but when I have to catch something to avoid getting scunked I always wind up giving it a try. Plus my young boys are getting good at it and are starting to fish well with out live bait.

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:08 am

for me I use anything by blue fox it always seems to work wonders for me

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 am

kickerfish wrote:Hey BBD what's up, I have mixed it up at times and have thrown it (zoom finess worm) weightless under docks at Lake Norman (Back in NC) and managed to catch a limit of 2lbers. I have black and red flaked watermelon ones as well and seem to work fine also. I will also rig it with a small spot remover jig head if the lake is not too weedy. I have used it on a drop shot rig. This worm is very universal. I always have it rigged up when I feel there is need for severe finesse fishing. Not my way to fish all the time ( I throw cranks (jerk, lipless and DT10's) and SBs 75% of the time, but when I have to catch something to avoid getting scunked I always wind up giving it a try. Plus my young boys are getting good at it and are starting to fish well with out live bait.

Cool beans Kicker , I was thinking about this bait prior to the season and was considering picking it back up , Out here the dinks will have there way with ya some times ..lol .. Man o Man i miss those southern Lakes , Nothing like getting hit and wondering if it's going to be the next lake record (REMEMBER)..LOL .. that's good stuff kicker , hey man you in club up here or are you doing it solo .. BBD :bounce:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 08, 2008 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant