Memorial day weekend

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Ringneck Shooter
Angler

Memorial day weekend

Post by Ringneck Shooter » Fri May 25, 2007 2:31 pm

Anybody spend the weekend fishing?
Where at and for what?
Good luck and boat safe.

Me & a buddy are gonna hit Lake Steilacoom for some bass and possibly one of those big slabs of trout that hang out on the south end.

cmessling07
Petty Officer

RE:Memorial day weekend

Post by cmessling07 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:36 pm

I just got back from Mineral. It was packed but fishing was superb, my buddy and I took almost 20 fish today alone including a 16 and 18 incher. How'd Stelicoom end up?

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue May 29, 2007 6:12 am

Should have gone fishing. We invited 15 people over to help us celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. One person showed up. Man, is there a lot of left over cake, ice cream and chips.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Lip Rippa
Petty Officer

Post by Lip Rippa » Tue May 29, 2007 7:34 am

Joe I feel ya pain. One year the wife and I invited a couple of friends over for dinner so we cooked alota extra food. No one showed up or even called. One friend even had the nerve to have dinner at another friend's house about a mile away. Yeah ya shoulda went fishin.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 30, 2007 10:14 am

Went to the quincy area. Fished Evergreen, Burke, Stan Coffin, and Dusty. Did pretty good at burke but almost got skunked at the other 3 lakes. Started out good weather but got really windy, missed trafic on the way home. All in all a good memorial weekend

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed May 30, 2007 5:46 pm

Headed across the Sound to Woodinville and fished Cottage Lake with my buddy. Great 2 days on the water.
I love having that extra day off. The only thing that could have been better would have been a clear day on Sunday, or a state record bass.
Hope everyone else had a great and safe holiday.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Wed May 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Lotech Joe wrote:Should have gone fishing. We invited 15 people over to help us celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. One person showed up. Man, is there a lot of left over cake, ice cream and chips.
We would have showed up to help you with that since it was our anniversary as well. We have a baby so she accompanied us on a date a day early we celebrated on Sunday while the older kid was with a friend. We kept it simple and went to Azteca in town and we were going to ride on the gondala over the falls in Spokane, but they were shut down becasue it was too windy. Then on Monday we went fishing and had a picnic. It was our three year anniversary.

boogie96
Angler

Post by boogie96 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:00 pm

I spent the weekend on Alder Lake. Only caught a few dinky guys, didn't catch a single keeper all weekend between four of us. I talked to a few people on the dock, and camp ground and it seemed nobody was catching anything. A weekend with friends and family on the lake is still fun though, so no complaints over all.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Thu May 31, 2007 2:06 pm

A friend and I did a Shad-a-thon below Bonniville dam Fri thru Mon. Lots of fun, lots of shad! My sunburn finally stopped hurting today.
Life's short - fish hard!