Comfort baits?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishaholictaz
Admiral

Comfort baits?

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat May 03, 2008 8:21 am

I was wondering what others go to all the time? What bait that they are most comfortable with?

Mine is the 5" hula or a black worm!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Comfort baits?

Post by kevinb » Sat May 03, 2008 8:53 am

Spinnerbaits are an absolute must for me. I've made a few also but they look like train wrecks

I havn't got jigging down...as of yet. I have a few plastics but nothing to call a collection.
I love my crankbaits too

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 am

I've got 2 favorite "go to" baits:

4" weightless senko for slow and thorough presentation.

"Sparkle fire tiger" wally diver to cover water fast.

Unfortunately, I have not had any luck with either of these baits in cold water. They work best when water temps are 60+.

For cold water bass fishing, I don't have confidence in anything. After a few hours of unsuccessful bass fishing, I usually lose patience and switch over to trout... :-$
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat May 03, 2008 9:36 am

Rapala glass shad rap.

E

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:41 am

Yea, I have to have my Rapala Deep Runner Crank Baits: Perch or Shad presentation. I need more work on fishing plastics. You just have to be really patient w/ plastics and after an hour or so with no real success I'm fed up! Crank Baits allow me to cover more water and all depths which is what I like. Also, you can fish crank baits in variety of water conditions.
Go Huskies!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Largemouth: Spinnerbaits, probably because they are pretty easy to fish. I'm also a big fan of buzzbaits, even when conditions don't dictate topwater action.

Plastics? Texas rigged 6" zoom lizard. Watermelon/black flakes

Smallies? Definitely a rapala shad rap. Love those jointed ones to...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Spinnerbaits, Scumfrogs, and Plastic worms.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sat May 03, 2008 5:35 pm

These are my confidence baits.

Largies: Senkos and jigs.

Smallies: (Washington Smallies) dropshot. (Midwest Smallies) Tubes.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 03, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sat May 03, 2008 7:57 pm

yamamoto hula grubs or 5 inch watermellon seed/ pumpkin seed kalin's grub and a quarter inch black or white jig head.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Sat May 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Mine would be either a spinner bait or a senko

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 pm

spinnerbaits, jigs, grubs, senkos,Power worms, and crankbaits. if you cant catch fish on the above you shouldnt be fishing lol.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Rabbits
Petty Officer

Post by Rabbits » Sat May 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Honestly... I think some lakes just like a good live nightcrawler. When nothing else works I use a worm and bobber and just adjust my leader.
Rum is good.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun May 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Weightless 4" Zoom plastic lizard, watermelon with red and gold flakes. Kills them for me on Beaver.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Sun May 04, 2008 9:19 pm

I don't have a comfort bait other than the one that is tied to the end of my line. I like to use all baits.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 am

I mostly use Rapalas, Jointed shad raps are my favorites. I also use spinners. I'm starting to get into plastics.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 06, 2008 8:38 am

My go to bait is "A STICK OF TNT" .. Just get near a pad field light the stick toss it in and all the bass come to the top .. LOL ..Jus kidding ..I really dont have a comfort bait and i never want to have one ..My thought process is that when a angler picks up the same bait most the time out, the results will remain the same .. some days good some days nothing .. I will adjust at the drop of a dime . I have about 8 boxes of tackle that i take with me on the lake and i catch fish on all of it . I would say my favorite presentation is top water , lately i have been diggin the jig bite , i really dont like to dropshot but i will if thats whats hitting for the day . Whats the purpose of having more than one bass rod if your only gonna hold one all day..But thats just my opinion and im not a pro so dont mind me ! :batman: BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 06, 2008 8:53 am

I have fished the same way for 2 years it has given me many fish and I will still do it but I need to be way more rounded!!
But that is what this year will be!! I am having fun with the Senko thing but I want to fish more hard baits but I really don't like them#-o Drop shot sounds ok but seems like it would be easy to loose a BIG fish and I don't like the idea of that!!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 06, 2008 9:07 am

bigbasstaz wrote:I have fished the same way for 2 years it has given me many fish and I will still do it but I need to be way more rounded!!
But that is what this year will be!! I am having fun with the Senko thing but I want to fish more hard baits but I really don't like them#-o Drop shot sounds ok but seems like it would be easy to loose a BIG fish and I don't like the idea of that!!
Taz sounds like your brave enough to use your tackle box and that says alot (congrads).. You would be surprized on the results your will get with getting into different baits .. some guys just cant bring themselves to do it and thats why the results will alway remain the same .. My Biggest bass this year came on a bait that i just strating throwing 2 months ago ..stay open trust your gut and cast with confidence .. yeah baby yeah ! BBD ..

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 am

For me it is a Zoom finesse worm (green pumpkin) dipped in Spike it on a 3/16oz bullet weight pegged. It never fails to pull in a least one fish every time out. You get a lot of smaller bass but the occasional 3lber grabs hold. I also use it to follow up a short strike on top water.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 06, 2008 12:57 pm

kickerfish wrote:For me it is a Zoom finesse worm (green pumpkin) dipped in Spike it on a 3/16oz bullet weight pegged. It never fails to pull in a least one fish every time out. You get a lot of smaller bass but the occasional 3lber grabs hold. I also use it to follow up a short strike on top water.
+

KickerFish , waz up dude .. I remember you on another thread months ago talking about this same worm .. Question how many times have you switched up on colors, size , weights etc ..It's cool to find a worm that you like but im almost positive that you could equal or maybe even better results with some adjustments .. Im not pickn on ya so dont take it that way . Im just wondering if you have atleast experimented with that worm at all .. The reason im asking is because i stop using those worms because all i got was smaller bass or perch . I just never messed around with different colors or sizes .. :clown: BBD

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member