Has anyone been by Dog Lake this year?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
beerman1981
Commander

Has anyone been by Dog Lake this year?

Post by beerman1981 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Has anyone been to the top of White pass and happened to observe Dog Lake in the past week or so? Based on the snow pack at the top of the mountain, something tells me it is probably still under a few feet of snow and will still be a while before I can get in, but I would love to be proven wrong!

Beerman
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Coastfishin
Commander

RE:Has anyone been by Dog Lake this year?

Post by Coastfishin » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:58 pm

The wife went over White Pass 2 weeks ago to visit family in Selah. She said Dog Lake was frozen solid and it would probably be quite a while before it thaws.
She also said she hasn't seen that much snow in years up there.

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Coastfishin wrote:The wife went over White Pass 2 weeks ago to visit family in Selah. She said Dog Lake was frozen solid and it would probably be quite a while before it thaws.
She also said she hasn't seen that much snow in years up there.
Yeah, White still has 110 inches at the base and 180 inches at the summit. Normally for this time of year there is half that amout, if not less... Crazy weather. Thanks.

Beerman

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:35 am

Hey beerman, I was just up there 2 days ago and dog is still under about 6' of snow and ice. The campground is still closed and blocked off by all the snow, too. I was hoping that it would be fishable by Memorial Day, but it doesn't look too good for the home team. Which really sucks because thats where I go every Memorial Day weekend. Looks like i'll have to find a different place to go this year.:-({|=

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:13 pm

I went for a drive to the top of the pass today, and you are definately right. Dog is BURRIED. Here is a picture I snapped.

Beerman
Attachments
100_2876.jpg
100_2876.jpg (128.04 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah, but at least there is one concilatory note. Clear Lake looks fairly decent. :money: My buddy was just up there on saturday and he said they were catching 16" kokes (fishing stories, not sure?). Yet we know that Clear is always good for bows and browns as well!!! Hope to run into you up there this year.

Dave