The Winner of the 2008 WL.com Scenic Picture contest is....

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

The Winner of the 2008 WL.com Scenic Picture contest is....

Post by A9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 pm

With 38% percent of the votes in the final 8 poll, Gold Creek Pond by wingnut1981 is our 2008 Scenic picture winner!
Congratulations wingnut1981! That is one sweet picture.

If you could contact Mike or vice versa, then I'm sure you can figure out how you can get a hold of the prize package from the site sponsors.

fishnislife: Thanks for co-hosting this with me. It was great fun. I'm glad I had an extra person working with me so I had a few different opinions/ideas to help make the cuts...
Marc: Thanks for helping us by posting all the voting threads...For those who don't know, only mods have that capability. Thanks Marc!
Mike: Thanks for allowing us to run this thread here. I appreciate it, and also many thanks for offering a prize package from our sponsors! Sweet deal!
Everyone: Thanks for participating! All the submissions were greatly appreciated, even those that didn't make the cut. Fishnislife and I had a lot of trouble determining 10, so we had to of course pick a top 16 then let you all vote it down to 8, then finally one last poll to determine our winner...Every submission was awesome. I'm sorry all couldn't win, but they were certainly appreciated. Thanks everyone for voting too!

Mods: "Unsticky" all the threads/polls containing to this contest.
Here's the picture one more time for you all to see...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:The Winner of the 2008 WL.com Scenic Picture contest is....

Post by fishnislife » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:25 pm

:thumright =d> =d> :cheers:

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:06 am

Beautiful shot - Good choice!
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:31 am

Thats one sweet picture.Congrats:thumleft: =d>
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 am

I just heard that the prize is a 85' Carver Yacht with a 21' Boston Whaler lifeboat.I didnt realize that the prize was so nice.Am I too late to enter.? That is one very sweet picture.Great job...
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:04 am

Oh those rumors!#-o

wingnut1981
Petty Officer

Post by wingnut1981 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:31 am

I just heard that the prize is a 85' Carver Yacht with a 21' Boston Whaler lifeboat.
Hopefully nobody from the IRS reads this site, the taxes on that would kill me....:-$

I'd like to thank everybody who worked to put this contest together. Next time you do one of these, let me know if I can help. I figure that will be best way to help give back to the site after winning this contest.

I'd also like to congratulate everybody who submitted a picture to the contest; there was some stiff competition. I especially liked "Lake Chelan", it is an excellent photo.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:19 am

Congrats to the winner! That's one heck of a beautiful photograph. Good job!=d>
Get with the Fast Money Bros

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 pm

I personally went with the Tucuala Lake pic, but Gold Creek Pond was my second choice. I was probably a little biased towards Tucuala Lake because I camp near this lake multiple times a year and I think it is one of the most beautiful places in this state. Both photos were awesome though and I congatulate the winner.

Mabey this year on my annual trip into Lake Isabel I will take a better camera (my better half's if she let's me) so I will have a better shot at the next contest.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:38 pm

=d> Great photo, congrats!!!
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;