Other state fishing regs.

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Other state fishing regs.

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:35 pm

OMG! I always here about the Wa. state regs. and their difficult interpretation and stringentcy (sp?) but I am going to be in Louisiana for the next week and will be fishing from a cabin at Fausse lake near Lafayette.
I did some googling on the to keep myself on the right side of the law with regulations, etc. Here we live in a 5 basic trout limit state, a couple of rockfish (salt) various slot limits for bass and all the other specific limits to above and below whatever length.

So just check out this cut/paste from Louisiana's Catfish regs.

Catfish (blue, channel and flathead): The possession limit for catfish caught recreationally shall be 100. The 100 fish may be a single species, or a combination of blue, channel or flathead catfish.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all about doing whatever it takes to keep our waters here in WA. plentiful for years to come, and I'm 90% C&R, but this place is out of control. I think the white bass limit was 50!

Oh yeah, I just had to cut/paste this.... it almost makes you cry.
RESIDENT RECREATIONAL LICENSE FEES

LICENSE FEE
Hook & Line (cane pole) $ 2.50

Basic Fishing $ 9.50

Saltwater License (Basic Fishing Required) $ 5.50

*Senior Fish/Hunt $ 5.00

***Charter Passenger License (3 day) $ 5.00

La. Sportsman's Paradise License (Includes basic and saltwater fishing; basic and big game hunting; bow, muzzle, turkey and La. waterfowl license; WMA hunting permit, and all recreational gear licenses EXCEPT recreational trawls greater than 16 feet in length.) $100.00

**La. Disabled Fishing $ 2.50

**La. Disabled Saltwater $ 2.

Wish me luck, there are GAR in this lake.:cheers:
Attachments
ALLIGATOR%20GAR.jpg
ALLIGATOR%20GAR.jpg (160.88 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

kutthroatkilla
Commander

RE:Other state fishing regs.

Post by kutthroatkilla » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 pm

It's the South baby, not the "check the regs every minute" kind of absurdity here in the PNW. I first ask, who'd want to keep that many catfish anyway, seriously?! Wow...thanks for sharing that. Now off to catch myself 100 squaws in the Sammamish River...
Get with the Fast Money Bros

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:50 pm

I think gator gars are just some of your worries dont forget about the cotton mouths,water moccasins,and the all mighty snapping turtles and of course the gators.I was born in Louisiana and dont miss all the things thatlive down there.here is the link these snakes are no joke.http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... image.html
Stay safe man.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 pm

In Arkansas its illegal to be sober when fishing or operating farm equipment.:-$

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:05 pm

kevinb wrote:In Arkansas its illegal to be sober when fishing or operating farm equipment.:-$
Where's the "rolling on floor laughing" smiley when you need it?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 pm

kevinb wrote:In Arkansas its illegal to be sober when fishing or operating farm equipment.:-$
It's true, I have been there and fished drunk. You can't do it any other way.
I will add that the catfish in Arkansas, Louisiana and Kansas can grow big enough to inhale humans. :pale:

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 pm

fishnislife wrote:I will add that the catfish in Arkansas, Louisiana and Kansas can grow big enough to inhale humans. :pale:
fishnislife[/size]
When I used to fish on the Oregon Idaho border there was a diver sent down to check one of the dams on the Snake and he was reporting a cat big enough to eat him!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:41 am

bigbasstaz wrote:
fishnislife wrote:I will add that the catfish in Arkansas, Louisiana and Kansas can grow big enough to inhale humans. :pale:
fishnislife[/size]
When I used to fish on the Oregon Idaho border there was a diver sent down to check one of the dams on the Snake and he was reporting a cat big enough to eat him!
I've heard really good horror stories of catfish in the Mississippi River.

I think in most southern states you have to be under the influence. I was on a trip to Florida,on the way back I went through some serious okie fanokie scummble villages. We stopped at got a hotel. There was a bar near by,went in for some drinks. Minding my own bussiness,here comes some train wreck hag. I'm not sure why she told me....but she was there with her son(15 years old at most)And proceeds to tell me that he was conceaved on a tractor in a soybean field. Oh my god!!!!!
I now fear the south...I have a ton of other stories but this sums it up. I now believe in carring firearms:-"

Ok,back on track......So theres really big cats in the river:cheers:

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:28 am

It costs us $3 extra on top of the shellfish licence, just to crab in the Puget Sound. A 5 DOLLAR SALTWATER FEE, that would be pretty sweet

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 am

gpc wrote:It costs us $3 extra on top of the shellfish licence, just to crab in the Puget Sound. A 5 DOLLAR SALTWATER FEE, that would be pretty sweet
I know, it's crazy. It seems like there are fees everywhere we turn. But, in the end, it seems to be worth it all. BTW, have a good trip quad (Chris), I hope you come back with some stories to share and fish to eat, good luck man. :king:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 am

Ha, I just thought of another thing. Our licensing fee cost the same as their cane pole license. Wow!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if Oregon or Washington's fish and games departments did better with the money they soak from us? There is more to it than trout hatcheries. Check out this website http://myfwc.com/ and see what a squared-away fish and game agency does with its money.

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Chris, be careful in some of the rural hick towns down there. My brother and I traveld down there for our highschool friend's funeral. My brother was always being harassed due to his earings and shoes. Don't think they talk kindly to city folk very much.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 pm

KurtO wrote:Chris, be careful in some of the rural hick towns down there. My brother and I traveld down there for our highschool friend's funeral. My brother was always being harassed due to his earings and shoes. Don't think they talk kindly to city folk very much.

Kurt, it's all Ok,,, I come down here about 3 times a year. As I write I am sitting on an outdoor porch at 12:30 am with crickets as loud as you can imagine. We leave in the morning for the bayou. We will see what happens.:bounce:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:41 pm

I'm excited for your report when you get back. Try to catch some of those mud cats too.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:19 am

Yeah Chris, I want to see some picks of some HUGE cats and some white crappie. :cheers:

Good luck buddy