Turkey Season

All things related to hunting.
zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

RE:Turkey Season

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:00 am

from the side you want to hit them up high to where they can't use their wings. It also hits around the backbone. Rear end shot is the base of the tail.

Use a decoy if you are bow hunting.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Archery is all I use for most all my hunting (except fowl & upland). It makes hunting turkeys interesting, I have always downed any turkey I hit, I can't say that for the big game.

Today is just a little to cold and my nephews are discaurged over yesterday. I will give a shot next weekend I hope.
Well its not called Catching!

narleynate
Angler

Post by narleynate » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Has anybody had any luck lately? Anybody go out this weekend? I am looking to go out next weekend, so I was just trying to get a feel on how this season is looking so far.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Mon May 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Well Sunday I got my Tom up Wright Valley while mixing the day with Morel hunting (found a few) and after fishing at Jump Off Joe with my uncle. I didn't get my Turkey the conventional way, I got it in a last years burn, standing in a fire break 100yds off the main road. I spotted him with several hens as we were parking along side the road to look for mushrooms. I just walked up the fire break and he came out from behind a boulder less then ten yrds from me. One arrow one shot one bird, he flew about another 30 yrds before he fell. Nice bird, 10" beard.
:cheers:
Well its not called Catching!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon May 05, 2008 6:36 pm

eustace wrote:Well Sunday I got my Tom up Wright Valley while mixing the day with Morel hunting (found a few) and after fishing at Jump Off Joe with my uncle. I didn't get my Turkey the conventional way, I got it in a last years burn, standing in a fire break 100yds off the main road. I spotted him with several hens as we were parking along side the road to look for mushrooms. I just walked up the fire break and he came out from behind a boulder less then ten yrds from me. One arrow one shot one bird, he flew about another 30 yrds before he fell. Nice bird, 10" beard.
:cheers:
Wow,nice work:cheers:

Return to “Hunting Topics - Sponsored By Mar Don Resort Duck Taxi”