LK. WA Trout

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
topdawg47
Warrant Officer

LK. WA Trout

Post by topdawg47 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:44 am

Anyone know where I can catch trout from the shore on LK. WA? I'm not really a trout man, but it's nice every once in awhile to catch a variety of fish.. I'm all about the catfish, bass, sunfish, crappie, rock bass, etc...
Go Huskies!

KurtO
Warrant Officer

RE:LK. WA Trout

Post by KurtO » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

I was thinking about heading up to lake washington after the weather dies down. Your more than welcome to be a guest in my boat if you wanted to. I'll be targeting cutts the sam and kuttkillla talk so much about. Shoot me a pm or something.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 am

topdawg47 wrote:Anyone know where I can catch trout from the shore on LK. WA? I'm not really a trout man, but it's nice every once in awhile to catch a variety of fish.. I'm all about the catfish, bass, sunfish, crappie, rock bass, etc...
A really good place that I love personally is Waverly Park in Kirkland, WA. Sometimes if I make it up there to fish, I'll see many anglers catching trout, bass under the dock, perch, squaw fish, sculpins and kokanee (which must be released). I really like it because the peir goes out to 27' deep and you can use basically anything you want, but a worm and bobber, or suspended worm off the bottom does really well. This is just one peir that I've used, and I know other members can chime in here, too. Best of luck to you. KTK.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:20 am

topdawg47 wrote:Anyone know where I can catch trout from the shore on LK. WA? I'm not really a trout man, but it's nice every once in awhile to catch a variety of fish.. I'm all about the catfish, bass, sunfish, crappie, rock bass, etc...
Waveryly park is nice, as kuttkilla said,, but since I see you reside in Seattle I can tell you there are a couple of docks along Lk. Washington Blvd. as you go South and within a mile or two of the approach of Seward Park. Alot of people also fish the bank of Seward park. Racfish if your listening you probably know somewhere on the Seattle side.

:spiderman :spiderman
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:51 am

Along the shores of Lake wa. there are numerous docks.We had names for each dock.Theres the Y-dock,T-dock,I-dock and the L dock.Between Seward park and Leschi there are 5 good productive docks. In the past I cast spoons like Krocs,or Lil Jewels or a nightcrawler on a bobber with a 4-5 foot drop from the bobber down.I fish the Leschi dock alot.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Hints:

- go fishing at a pier where there are lots of other fishermen throwing baits and chum in the water. Avoid the desolate piers that no one ever goes to

- throw your bait/line in spots (sand, gravel, rock bottom) that are away from the weedbeds. The trout are not in the weeds

- find a dock that has a southerly wind exposure (wind blowing from the south towards your dock). Lots of wave action
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:Hints:

The trout are not in the weeds
What makes you say that? Often times I hook huge trout in the weeds. Don't overlook the weedbeds, because there is bait there and the cutts/bows come in along the weedbeds to feed.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

dea
Petty Officer

Post by dea » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I just found this post and thought I would reply since I grew up a couple/three houses south of Seward Park.

I fished all of the docks around Seward and north of Seward along the lake. Took Perch and silvers only....but a handful during that time.

One good place is the ol'Lake Washington School for girls on Holly Street. I used to fish there mostly, catching trout, perch, and crawfish.