Music?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
KurtO
Warrant Officer

Music?

Post by KurtO » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 pm

I'd like to hear what kind of music people on this site may listen to. I myself listen The Doors and Pink Floyd. Lets hear it.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Music?

Post by A9 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:13 pm

I thought about asking this a few days ago. Never got around to it. But a great idea KurtO
Personally, I enjoy all sorts of genres of music. Country, Rock, Alternative, Hip-Hop, Reggae, all of it, has a spot in my iPod.
Among my favorite musicians/artists:
-Tom Petty
-Bob Seger
-Bob Marley
-UB40
-Andre Nickatina
-Blue Scholars (Seattle group!)
-Citizen Cope
-Dave Matthews Band
-David Gray
-Flipsyde
-Living Legends
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Tim McGraw
-Toby Keith
-Zion I
-Brad Paisley
-Dr. Dre
-Geto Boys
-Jack Johnson
-Jurassic 5
-John Legend/Mayer/Mellencamp
-2pac
-Notorious BIG

Anything really...There isn't really anything that I can't stand listening too. Except Opera...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:51 pm

I would have to say country Brad Paisley,Tim Mcgraw,basicaly anything country and here the twist hard rock like Slipknot old Metallica before the black album,pantera,slayer.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:56 pm

Im a fan of tom petty, jack johnson, and bob seger too. Andre nickatina huh? Friend of mine that I work with listens to him also, kind of getting into it. I also really enjoy Bob Dylan, King Crimson, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, and The Black Keys. Sometimes when I'm just throwing out some PB for stockers I'll throw on the Ipod and watch the tip of my pole. Sometimes there is nothing better.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:15 am

Classic Rock mostly. 102.5FM. I would list the groups but would be endless. I have a big Beatles collection(probably odd,I'm only 28) I will admit it. I can blast some '80's rock...Motley Crue etc.

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:21 am

The Beatles attract all ages it seems like. To me though, it seems like they are just a tad bit over rated:-"

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:23 am

Keep the posts coming I find this interesting. I consider myself a big music buff, well somewhat.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:32 am

KurtO wrote:The Beatles attract all ages it seems like. To me though, it seems like they are just a tad bit over rated:-"
Maybe, but I'm a fan. I'll probably get some flack but I feel The Rolling Stones are over rated. They have a couple good songs. I like the fact that Keith Richards is a zombie. He died 20 years ago but nobody told him.:-$

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:04 am

Ha! Yeah I think think so too.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am

I enjoy music in genearal. I listen to pretty much everything. Def Leppard, Boston, Eagles, Metallica, George Strait, Tim Mcgraw, Brad Paisley, and Trace Adkins. I pretty much stick to either Rock or Country.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:04 am

I am not a music person really but I enjoy almost all kinds of music! I am with Sam no Opera! Country/rock are my favorites
most of all Country like Marty Robins!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:26 am

In no particular order.

The Bloodhound Gang
Chemical Brothers
Paul Van Dyk
Crystal Method
Judas Priest
Metallica
Dead Kennedys
Primus
NIN
Bauhaus
ACDC
Yello
Van Halen
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:27 am

Aaron wrote: Chemical Brothers
Paul Van Dyk
Crystal Method
I'm with Aaron, I tend to include "techno" in my preferences. I'm not a fan of the super-fast beat techno, I lean more toward the stuff they call "trance", which is just funky, mellow stuff. The Orb, Massive Attack, etc. Often the songs have few or no words. For all you old-school rock guys, picture a modern version of Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter". :dj: Kind of experimental, funky stuff. "House" version of techno is pretty fun, you can catch some cool stuff where guys have mixed songs to create for the "club scene". I put the PC speakers on this station when we're having a party at the house. Paul Oakenfold, Propellerheads & Fatboy Slim are big favorites too, and they move all over the techno genres.

If I am away from a computer (where I find a TON of streaming audio stations online, try "Chillout Vibes" @ LuckySevenRadio.com (mostly commercial-free)), I am all over the map. I guess based on the number of radio preset buttons in my Tahoe, country comes next. I prefer Spokane's 102.3 because they play the classic old-school country. Tom Jones, Patsy Cline, Hank I & II, Patty Loveless, Alan Jackson, etc. And if they play modern stuff, it's the good stuff that'll last. None of that pop stuff. Personally I'd like to throw bands like Rascal Flats in a hole with all the other manufactured "boy bands" like NSYNC and Backstreet Boys and bury them to save future generations from accidental exposure. :-&

Sorry, I digress.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but maybe I should look into XM/Sirius (satellite radio) so I can get my fix on my broad range of interests? If you have any experience with one or the other, we should start a new thread for the benefit of others.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:37 am

If i'm buying music, it's gonna be hip-hop. And not rap - there is a difference. But I like and listen to all kinds of music - even rap on ocassion.

Wu Tang Clan (and all of the solo albums that go along with this group), Redman, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, MF Doom, Gangstarr, Pharoahe Monch, Goodie Mobb, Mobb Deep, Blackalicious, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Beastie Boys, Eminem (older stuff is better), Buck Sixty Five, Xzibit, Dialated Peoples, Jurrasic 5, Victor Vaughn, Outkast, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Pharcyde, Common, De La Soul, KRS, and many many more.

Non hip-hop stuff: Beck, Bloodhound Gang, Deftones, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Tenacious D, System of a Down, Weezer, Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, and pretty much most of the music from the 60's and 70's.

My dislikes: techno, country, mainstream rap (unless we're talking about the birth of rap in the early 80s until about the middle of the 90's), opera, and Dave Matthews

I also find myself listening to a lot of NPR.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 am

I'm really suprised in alot of responses. Aaron listens to primus? Thought I wouldn't see that on here. Thats awesome!

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:22 am

kevinb wrote:Classic Rock mostly. 102.5FM. I would list the groups but would be endless. I have a big Beatles collection(probably odd,I'm only 28) I will admit it. I can blast some '80's rock...Motley Crue etc.
Motley Crue huh.That's kinda funny because I just pre-ordered my tickets to Crue-Fest at the White River Amphitheater.This concert should rock.With the openers being Buck Cherry,Papa Roach,Sixx:AM,and Trapt.But I'm definetly going to see Motley Crue.They got the special deal on the lawn tickets.Four of them for a 99 bucks plus all the taxes and other charges.But defintely worth it.I went there last year to see Taylor Swift,Kellie Pickler,Jason Aldean and Brad Paisley.Got the same lawn tickets great view and sound by far my favorite place to watch concert is the White River.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 am

shawn wrote:
kevinb wrote:Classic Rock mostly. 102.5FM. I would list the groups but would be endless. I have a big Beatles collection(probably odd,I'm only 28) I will admit it. I can blast some '80's rock...Motley Crue etc.
Motley Crue huh.That's kinda funny because I just pre-ordered my tickets to Crue-Fest at the White River Amphitheater.This concert should rock.With the openers being Buck Cherry,Papa Roach,Sixx:AM,and Trapt.But I'm definetly going to see Motley Crue.They got the special deal on the lawn tickets.Four of them for a 99 bucks plus all the taxes and other charges.But defintely worth it.I went there last year to see Taylor Swift,Kellie Pickler,Jason Aldean and Brad Paisley.Got the same lawn tickets great view and sound by far my favorite place to watch concert is the White River.
I am a big fan of Trapt. Headstrong is my favorite!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:35 am

KurtO wrote:I'd like to hear what kind of music people on this site may listen to. I myself listen The Doors and Pink Floyd. Lets hear it.

Kurt,

I am surprised that I've never made this post myself... along with fishing, and woodworking, music is def. big in my spare time. I collect concert boots, unreleased concert recordings. I haven't traded in a few years, but you can check out my list at http://www.geocities.com/quadradomus/classic_blue.html
If you see anything you like let me know and I will try and hook you up. None of these of course are for sale, that wouldn't be right, but I'd be happy to send you a few since you probably don't have a trade list.
oh yeah, ( I can't check that link because I am at work, and there are restrictions on the internet,, if you have any problems with it let me know)

Marc Marty, if your listening,, I do have a new computer now and will get my music stuff rolling again and make good on what we talked about this past winter.

Kurt send me a PM

Chris
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:57 am

Drewp I'm with you. I mostly listen to Hip-Hop the underground stuff that never would be on the radio. Dont forget Del the funkee homosapien and the heiroglyphics.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:00 pm

I like Big Band Swing and Country western.My dad has played the trumpet in some swing bands.He played with Quincy jones right out of Garfield.So I grew up on swing.All music is pretty good.Im not into the foul mouthed rap I hear in the CD here.Santana is great.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.