Lews County

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
KurtO
Warrant Officer

Lews County

Post by KurtO » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:05 pm

I'll be heading up there within the next few weeks for work. Any good lakes or ponds that hold fish? Rivers? Won't have much time to fish so I'm hoping for some easy catches.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Lews County

Post by kevinb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Riffe is awesome but unknown where the water level is at.Last I heard it was very low and unable to launch. Theres always Mayfield. I'm forgeting a ton of others.

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:08 pm

IF you gon there after the opener, i highly suggest mineral lake. that is my favorite lake. It holds huge trout! Not quite rufus woods trout, but its not rare to get that 9 pounder.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Yep, if your going after the 26th Lake Mineral is the place you want to fish. Great lake with tons of planters, triploids, brown trout and kicks out is fair share of 10lbers every year. Cheap boat rental, public dock, and resort dock you can fish for about $5.

There is quite a few lakes right on the border of lewis/peirce conties. Alder, kapowsin, clear, ohop, tanawax, and a few others.

Alder is in Lewis county and I am pretty sure its open year round. You need a boat for this lake.

Kapowsin is in Peirce county and is open year round.

Clear I think is in peirce and I am not sure on the season. I only fished the lake 1 time but we killed the kokanee.

Ohop opens on the 26th and has a public dock

Tanawax is supposed to be an awsome trout lake and I am pretty sure it gets triploids but also opens on the 26th.

I really cant tell you a whole lot about all these lakes because everytime I go out there I fish Mineral. The others are good lakes but. But in my opinion Mineral is the best trout lake in Western Washington.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:14 pm

I've heard Alder is still really low but havn't seen it myself.

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:51 pm

If you're near the Onalaska area Carlisle Lake, which is actually a 20-acre mill pond, is pretty productive from the opener through June.