Scenic Picture Contest Voting Poll 1

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
iPodrodder
Commodore

RE:Scenic Picture Contest Voting Poll 1

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 pm

2 votes IE 7 PC

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Aaron wrote:Sorry JT26, I don't beleive there is anything we can do about it.
:) :) -- 1 vote for me on my PC: IE 7.0

I think the Lake Chelan photo is stunning. Great job again narrowing the field! #1 got my vote! Great work!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:00 pm

I wasn't able to vote on this poll, #2 would be my choice. I had no problem on poll 2. #1 is is an awsome photo and I would probley conisder the most stirking although,:cyclopsan I expected a lake in there somewhere.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well its not called Catching!

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:50 pm

maybe the problem is, is that we have to vote on the 1st poll before we vote on the 2nd poll. I voted on the 1st poll 1st and 2nd pole second and got them both in fine. I know nothing about computers, but thats my best guess.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:14 pm

JT26 wrote:Hey..sorry i accidently clicked on the Lake Chelan link, thinking it would open up the pic, but it counted as a vote..so i guess you guys could remember to take away one from that one.

I did the same thing..... all the pics are really nice though... Whoever wins has done a nice job. Good luck to all.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 pm

I just noticed that picture 2 and 4 look alike but just in a different season. amazing what a little snow can do to a picture.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:58 pm

So we have Gold Creek Pond and Lake Chelan in a race. Nice! Get your votes in people.

Kutt- you haven't been logging on as all your different users to vote for you pic have you? :clown:

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wingnut1981
Petty Officer

Post by wingnut1981 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 am

Awoods wrote:I just noticed that picture 2 and 4 look alike but just in a different season. amazing what a little snow can do to a picture.

You are right, there is a definite resemblance in the two pictures. Based on the name of #4 though, it is a different lake than the one in #2. Then again, those alpine lakes near Snoqualmie Pass all start to look alike after awhile.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 am

Look at the shadows and contrast in the Lake Chelan photo. It is so symbolic. On one hand you have death and decay, and illness, and on the other, life, hope, prosperity. I know it has no lake in it, but what an amazing capture. Great photos everyone!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:01 am

I voted in poll 2 but I couldnt vote in poll 1.I am one of those computer illiterates also.I can turn mine on and do the basics.Its sad to say that I dont know how to do the picture things.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 am

two votes ie7

amzing pictures. we have some gifted people on this site.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:35 pm

kuttkilla wrote:Look at the shadows and contrast in the Lake Chelan photo. It is so symbolic. On one hand you have death and decay, and illness, and on the other, life, hope, prosperity. I know it has no lake in it, but what an amazing capture. Great photos everyone!
Wonder who took that picture? :-k

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 pm

fishnislife wrote:So we have Gold Creek Pond and Lake Chelan in a race. Nice! Get your votes in people.

Kutt- you haven't been logging on as all your different users to vote for you pic have you? :clown:

fishnislife
Nope, surprisingly not... I only got 1 vote per my 1 machine. The system is so smart and clever :-" ...go Mariners!!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Here's what's gonna happen guys with these two voting polls:
We aren't gonna run them much longer. I think till this Wednesday, then we will pull the top 4 from each and throw one more poll up to crown the champion. Vote's aren't really coming in anymore so I'd say it's about time to get the final poll ready.
This gives you all a few more days to vote if you haven't done so.
I'm looking forward to crowning the winner!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Fellas:
I'm gonna say tonight is the last night to submit a vote. I'm sure most of you already have participated in voting since we aren't seeing many more votes coming in, but I thought I'd at least give a fair warning that time is running down.
Tonight I will be taking the top 4 from each bracket and we'll stick them all in one final voting thread.
Ties for making the cut will resolve in just a random pick. I know so far in one of the polls we have a tie for 4th I think, and I will randomly pick one (coin toss) and it will go into the final bracket. I'm hoping one of them just gets one more tiebreaking vote, but that doesn't appear likely.

Thanks again everyone for voting thus far. This should be fun to determine the winner. I will give the final 8 about a week exactly to stand and receive votes.

-Kafelafish
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....