NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
pitts38pirates
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by pitts38pirates » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

pitts38pirates wrote:
gpc wrote:Welcome to the site pitts38pirates. Pittsburg huh? I have family out there, what lakes did you ussually out there?
I spent a good amount of time in and around Raccoon Creek State Park and Hillman State Park hiking and enjoying nature along with taking photographs. I fished rivers a lot up in around there and my favorite lake was Elk Lake. I also enjoyed fishing White Oak Pond, and Crystal Lake.
Oh there you, good deal. I cant rember where my family fishes I will see if they know those areas. What did you ussually fish for? A lot of silver fish (trout, salmon) out here.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:36 pm

WELCOME ALL! looking forward to more input from everyone this is going to be an interesting year for this site:cheers:

pitts38pirates
Angler

Post by pitts38pirates » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks Lars. Pike, ehh, very few,the far east side of state. Some pickerel, good walleye and some decent tiger muskie.

Outdrsguy
Petty Officer

Post by Outdrsguy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 pm

Hello Fellow Anglers!

Name: Jerry
Hobbies: Collecting gems and minersls (Rocks)!, gold prospecting, traveling, and fhunting and fishing.
What You Do: Training leader ( Instructor)
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad
Where did you do you first fishing: Growing up in Kitsap County I began fishing in Blackjack Creek behind my parents home from there to the lakes inside what is now Sub Base Bangor. the many many beaver ponds that where available in Kitsap and Mason County and from there to Salmon fishing at Seabeck, Sekiu, and Point No Point. and to river fishing at such places as Cispus , Yellowjacket, Union, Dewato, Tahuya, Duckabush, Hamma Hamma, amd Sammaish to name a few rivers. I fished Curlew lake every summer staying at Pine Point Resort (anyone remeber that place)and expanded to Rufus Woods before it became popular.
What brings you to WL.Com: I just bought a boat and planning doing alot of fishing.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Ahoy!!!!(thats my pirate voice)
Welome Aboard

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Good afternoon..... I am the Fishing Collector.... Just an old guy that is on a disability retirement......I was a Chief Engineer for a tugboat co. 30+ years. With working two weeks on and two weeks off it afforded me lot's of time to do what I wanted. My hobbies are fishin' and collecting vintage fishing gear. Due to the disability I no longer work on tugs, streetrods or antique cars. I just got a little 12ft Sears aluminium boat to help pass the time, doin' what I like! I am looking forward to reading about the reports and articles from everyone. It is nice to look up a lake and find out a little about it before going there. My wife and I are looking forward to traveling around the state and doing some fishing and site seeing.

I have lived in Washington for my whole life and have fished lot's of places, I've lost lot's of fish, caught lot's of fish and threw lot's back. I don't keep to many anymore. I practice C&R. But I'll keep the wife a few more years.

I have been a landscaper, commercial fisherman, auto finish expert; buffing,sanding,polishing high end automotive finishes and restoration of engine compartments. I catered large weddings and groups when I was on time off. I did a lot of things and am looking to do a lot more. You have a great site here. As time goes by you may learn a little more about me....and I know I'll learn more about you.... By for now, Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Glad to have you on board Fishing Collector. Find the post labeled "The Future of WashingtonLakes.com" in the announcement forum for a peek at things to come.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Angler

Post by newbie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Im a fishing newbie. I want to learn as much as i can, anyway i can.

Never been out on a boat to fish, in anyone need a fishing buddy, DONT PASS ME UP.
If you like to answer alot of questions and want to teach a young angler
Bass Fishing probably my favorite but, i'll fish for anything.

chironomid_guy
Petty Officer

Post by chironomid_guy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 am

Name: Les AKA The chironomid Guy

Hobbies:Fly fishing and rodding old cars

What You Do: Retired fisheries Bio

Favorite Species To Fish For:Trout (chironny's,,, go figure) and Tigers with big azz flies

Where You Fish The Most: Colville, Kettle falls, Curlew

How Long You Have Been Fishing: I've been genetically condemned at birth to be a fisherman. I started
when I hit the ground and have refined my skills by fly fishing over the last 20 yrs. I love to teach tieing lessons and rod building classes. Sharing my knowledge with young and old is always a rush.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Genetically condemned by my grandfather and my father in Sask.

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: I rebuild/restore old cars when the snow is flying. I currently have a rodded '53 Plymouth coupe

Your Favorite Picture;
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Chironomid Guy

dknodel

Post by dknodel » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:31 pm

:fish: Hello, my name is Dave, I live in Spokane and will fish every chance I get. Just bought a bass boat about 2 weeks ago and looking foward to geting out. My girlfriend and son often fish with me however not always so if anyone wants to join me just drop me a line. I'm new to fishing this area so any advise would be great. I'm from Montana and it seems that the people from there will often share their fishing knowledge, however I have not been to lucky in this area. So lets share info - PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE!
Dave

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Welcome Dave
This is a great site to learn and teach the art of angling and meet new people and of coarse,sharring fish stories.:salut:

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi, my name is David as you may have guessed, I am 33 yrs old and live in Yakima, WA. I have always enjoyed fishing (obviously), artistry (pen and ink), and airbrushing. I am a Professional Driver (read : truck driver... Haney rules). My favorite fish to get on the line is a Chinook, followed by Smallmouth Bass, Rainbow, Whitefish, Largemouth and then Channel Cat. I usually fish the Yakima river the most, followed by Rotary, Dog Lake, Clear Lake, Wenas Lake, Tieton Pond, Rimrock Lake and Bumping Lake. Someday when my wife finally lets me buy a boat I'm wanting to try Riffe Lake and Mayfield. I have been fishing since I could hold a rod. All hail to my grandfather, who got me into this sport/life when I was no more than about 3. When I'm not near water with a pole in my hand, I'm working and taking care of my family. Thanks to everyone on this Site!
Attachments
100_0759.JPG
100_0759.JPG (105.12 KiB) Viewed 2518 times

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Welcome to WL.com David:cheers: Living in Yakima, you should chat with Beerman1981. He is from there also and fishes those lakes often. Great guy and knows a great deal about fishing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

This is probably one of the best all time threads ever put on the forum. However, it would be nice to have it a bit more organized so we could look up a member a little more easily. All the "Welcome" stuff and gab are great but makes the thread so long it's difficult to find a specific member. Maybe listed in alphabetical order with less gab. I'm gonna duck quickly to avoid all the flack this will probably create.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Bob Johansen wrote:This is probably one of the best all time threads ever put on the forum. However, it would be nice to have it a bit more organized so we could look up a member a little more easily. All the "Welcome" stuff and gab are great but makes the thread so long it's difficult to find a specific member. Maybe listed in alphabetical order with less gab. I'm gonna duck quickly to avoid all the flack this will probably create.

I feel your pain brutha,, I've always thought the same thing. However it's best to put ideas like this into the forum titled "Website requests" located just under this forum. That forum is a direct link to Mike/Aarron, etc.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 pm

here comes the flak.

There is no "sort" feature so every time a member posts on this thread you would have to redo the entire thread in order to keep it sorted right.

I'm hoping that the anglers that post on this thread will consider becoming premium members which will allow them to have their own "My Site" on WL.com. That will give us all the chance to have our pictures, blogs, etc, in one specific area.

It will be "way cool". :dj:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Demonknight
Petty Officer

Post by Demonknight » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Name: Steven (aka Demonknight)
Hobbies:Fishing, playing games online
What You Do: Cook
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bluegill/sunfish/crappie
Where You Fish The Most: no where yet
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 4 decades (pretty sure there was fishing while I was cooking in the oven)
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: no idea..family thing
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Cooking, playing computer games and wishing I was fishing
Your Favorite Picture: Image I TOLD him he was going to get into hot water...just like dad he doesn't listen.

Yeah grew up in eastern Colorado and spent summers in western Nebraska, so warm water fish are what I know how to catch..cold water, not so much...salt water..yeah right... We did just buy a old fiberglass row boat that needs a bit of work before it hits the water, but we do know its not a sieve (tested it). Son has begun to pester me about taking him out fishing, which is something I've been waiting on...last thing I wanted to do is drag him out and turn him off on it...or spend all day chasing him around the lake.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Poor kid:-({|= thats a funny pic.
Welcome aboard!!!!!

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”