Eastside Bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Eastside Bass

Post by Gone Fishin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:51 pm

So I see a bunch of people on here from the westside, and I was wondering how many we have from the east side. I'm wondering because I should be around here all summer and will probably fish 3-4 days a week. Most of the time I'm flyin solo and I have an open spot if anyone is interested. I fish all over Spokane county, and am game for fishing new lakes. I fish mostly Silver, Newman, Chapman and the dead Sprague. I want to hit up Eloika some more this year as well as liberty and some others. Gimme a holler if you are interested

Gisteppo
Commodore

RE:Eastside Bass

Post by Gisteppo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:00 am

Im always game for weekdays, I work shiftwork so midweeks are very easy for me to break out and go fish hunting.

E

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 pm

I think there are more of us on the East side than you realize. We just tend to keep quite because we have so many small "secret" spots that could be easily fished out if the word leaked.:-$

Sneak around the post on some of the lakes and look for us that live on the East side, I assure you, if you see me posting on one lake, there are far more that I am not posting on.:-#
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Ty
Petty Officer

Post by Ty » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:03 am

Eloika is still pretty frozen I hear. Ive been to Liberty 4 times since March 1st already. My first day out there we limited out on browns and brooders, big ones at that. I took my boys out for a few hours but it was to cold for them to fish much and I wasn't able to pick anything up with a jig for bass/walleye or trolling for trouts. My buddy and I went out a couple times trolling bottom bouncers rigged with spinners and worms for walleye and trout but no luck at all. We literally trolled from the launch around the entire lake back to the launch stopping now and then to work the deeper structure for bass with no luck.

I was going to go out today but weather made me lazy so Im just gonna sit around the house drinkin beer and watching fishing shows and videos.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:26 am

im on the east side i fish alot went to liberty but noone was catching anything off the shore guys in boats where nailing them though. i fished jump off joe last year went to this 1 side off the lake a there were huge bass swimming all around the boat caught a five pounder and there was bigger one still swimming around the boat it was crazy
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:47 pm

I am another one, Eloika can be treat. They planted Germans in there the other day. Mid April should heat up, it is a very shollow lake, so it warms up quickly. The Bass fishing is phanominal in there at times and there are a few Pike in there, where they come from? Probly up the Little Spokane from Long Lake. I personally have seen pike in the Little Spokane by Wondermere Golf course. My cousins own Jerry's Landing Resort on Eloika and they can update you on the fishing there, the number is (509) 233-2337.
Well its not called Catching!

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I definately want to fish Eloika again. I wouldn't mind hitting them browns in liberty either.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Depending on your boat, Rock is pretty fun right now (just ask Beerbohm), and if you can do skinny water, I think Bonnie lake would be a blast (we have our own on the eastside). Crappie might start doing their thing pretty soon.

Keep me posted if you need a seat filled.

E

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 am

I hear you on that Rock lake thing! I am actually hitting it tomorrow. The browns are thick. I'm pretty sure my boat will make it to Bonnie through the spring and into summer but if the stream gets too low I can't. I will definately let you know when I do have a seat open. Likewise with you? I would love to learn more about long.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 am

I am always game to go out on Long, you just let me know when you wanna go.

Also, once the water is back to full pool, I will have my jet sled back on the trailer, making Bonnie MUCH easier to get to year-round.

E

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:13 am

Is the Snake River too far? There is some big smallies between Lower Granite and the Wawawai grade about 20 miles from Pullman. You can launch at Wawawai Park and there is some nice back water all along that stretch of the river between the faces of the canyons that run up and down. There are a lot of stumps and brush that make for good bass/crappie fishing. It's probably a weekend camping trip but there are so many nice out of the way hot spots. Head to Pullman and take a right at the flashing light and follow down to Wawawai. Take a camera because there are a lot of mule deer on the ridges.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 am

The other nice part is you can change pools during the week pretty regularly, as the locks are in constant motion with barge traffic.

Used to spend many a summer day down at Llyons and Central ferrys.

E

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:52 am

Yeah, wow that brings back memories. I haven't fished around Central Ferry since the 90's back when I was at WSU. Used to fish for smallies in the day and then throw a line out for catfish at night. Down by the grain elevators at Boyer (below Lower Granite) catfish would roll at the grain that was spilled in the water. Lots of fun times down there. I live in the Yakima Valley, so the only time I fish that high up in the Snake is when I am scouting deer in September and hunting in October. Still a lot of smallmouth action then. I do know that during the spawn, there are some active five and six pound smallies cruisin' around and there seems to be more that size in that stretch of the river. Has everything a healthy bass needs in that environment.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 am

](*,) This sounds like some good fishing! Wish I wasn't so far from the Snake River!

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 am

might have to check it out!

E

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 am

The snake up in the hells canyon produced a 21 in. small mouth while cat fishing with a whole worm. Biggest small mouth to date! I love the Snake great fishing!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 am

Hey, Crappeimaster I know those waters well myself. I have caught some nice smallies in the fall while trolling for steelhead. That is also agreat area to find all kinds of lost plugs, they float in those canyon bays ect. Do you hunt from a boat through there, scouting for thoses big snake river break bucks.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well its not called Catching!

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:17 pm

moved over here to the westside last year, but, spend the majority of time fishing the snake around Ice Harbor, below Mcnary (patterson), the lower yakima, or, Potholes. the snake has some huge smallies in it. will start my bi-weekly trips next week-end thru september. if you ever want to fish potholes my boat is going to stay there all summer, so, just Hollar!

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Yeah, for the last 18 years I have hunted those canyons. We have got permission to hunt a couple of farmers land. Nothing special, all you have to do is ask and they give you permits. One year I shot my 4 pt. muley buck thirty minutes after the opening hour, shot four huns that evening, and caught a steelie and one crappie the next morning. I was so high on life when I went back to work Monday. I will never forget that opening weekend back in 98. I love that country. Nothing has changed down there in 18 years, that's why I keep going back in the fall. What is kind of funny is it all started with a bag of walleye that we took the farmer's after the first year they let us hunt their land. We gave them some deer steaks, pepperoni sticks and a bag of walleye and they loved the walleye, and we have been taking them some since. I have gone across the river and hunted the other side, but a lot of it is posted and anymore. More rugged terrain over on that side and lot of big muleys. The biggest ones you see at the camps come from the other side, and you have to have a boat to get to them.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 am

eustace wrote:I am another one, Eloika can be treat. They planted Germans in there the other day. Mid April should heat up, it is a very shollow lake, so it warms up quickly. The Bass fishing is phanominal in there at times and there are a few Pike in there, where they come from? Probly up the Little Spokane from Long Lake. I personally have seen pike in the Little Spokane by Wondermere Golf course. My cousins own Jerry's Landing Resort on Eloika and they can update you on the fishing there, the number is (509) 233-2337.
I sooooo doubt that we will be able to fish Eloika by Mid April this year. It is April 4th today, and when I stopped by yesterday on the way home, it was frozen solid as a rock, with just a little open water at the outlet, and some open pockets at the little creeks at both Jerry's Landing and the State Ramp.

There are no Pike in Eloika, they are Grass Pickerel, and they look like a Pike.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.