Landlocked Silvers?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

RE:Landlocked Silvers?

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 pm

northfork wrote:gpc- I got a new bottle maybe I should put it up for auction if it's that hard to find:-"

You should. Give it a nother month or 2 and I will pay double price for your bottle lol

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:22 pm

it will only be half full by then but I will have caught my limit of Kokes by then too

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 pm

northfork wrote:it will only be half full by then but I will have caught my limit of Kokes by then too

Well, split your limit of kokes with me and will have a deal lol

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 pm

Hope you make it to Rufus before the emergency closures take effect:-"

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:01 pm

northfork wrote:Hope you make it to Rufus before the emergency closures take effect:-"

Oh man, I am gullible, I almost crapped my pants when I read that lol. I was thinking "they are going to close it down 3 days before I go". I was 2 seconds away from calling Coulee playland and asking about it. They probally would have just played along though lol

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
I didn't get much input for the Brookies, got lost in this thread so I will try a new thread for the Brookies.
Only 2 weeks left before I head over fishing and I'd love to catch some Brook Trout.
Bill

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:36 pm

A great place to catch "Silvers" (which I always call kokanee) is at Rimrock Lake, on White Pass. It's been a few years since I have been up there, but we always used to troll a "wedding ring spinner" with a magot attached to the hook. Additionally, Silvers/ Kokanee have a very soft jaw, so when setting the hook, it is easy to rip the hook out of their jaw. To help this problem we always attached a "rubber snubber" to the line, which absorbs the shock of the hit while trolling, in turn making it harder to rip the hook out of the mouth of the fish. Like I say, it has been a few years since I have fished rimrock for silvers, but we almost always caught our limits. I hear that bumping Lake on Chinook Pass is equally as productive for silvers/ kokanee. Hope some of that helps.

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Keechelus, Kachess, Lake Cle Elum, Rimrock, Bumping, and even Clear Lake all hold good populations of kokanee. like bearman says a wedding ring tipped with a maggot trolled slow at about 35-40 ft is perfect. They have very, very soft jaws, and will tear and rip easily, so set the hook very gently.