P-Line

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
njrick
Angler

P-Line

Post by njrick » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 am

Just wanted to let people that use P-Line know that through June 30, there's a mail in rebate of $6 when you buy 2 spools that are at least 150 yds. Not a bad deal considering you basically get one for half price after the rebate. I just stocked up yesterday at Auburn Sports and they had the rebate forms there. I also went to Joe's this morning to renew my license, and while they had a good stock of P-Line, they didn't have the rebate forms. Stock up now and save a few bucks.

kzoo
Commodore

RE:P-Line

Post by kzoo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:32 pm

I hate rebates, but I do like P-line. Thanks for the info!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up njrick. And also reminding me that it is time to renew the license. #-o

I love P-Line too, the only string I like to throw.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:15 pm

P-line rocks had a spool given to me and have been loving it. Wish I knew of it longer ago!! Great sensitivity.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

njrick
Angler

Post by njrick » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I hate rebates too, but it takes a little heat off when I come home with $200 worth of fishing "crap", as my wife calls it, and I can tell her I've got $30 worth of rebates. For some reason that I don't understand, that makes it ok. If I went out and spent $170 and got no rebates, she'd still get on me for it. It doesn't make sense to me, but if it means I can get more gear I'll do it.

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:29 pm

njrick wrote:I hate rebates too, but it takes a little heat off when I come home with $200 worth of fishing "crap", as my wife calls it, and I can tell her I've got $30 worth of rebates. For some reason that I don't understand, that makes it ok. If I went out and spent $170 and got no rebates, she'd still get on me for it. It doesn't make sense to me, but if it means I can get more gear I'll do it.
My wife has the same philosophy as yours when it comes to fishing stuff. I told her that I'll stop buying fishing stuff when she stops buying clothes and shoes.

That was the end of that conversation... :-$
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:19 pm

i plan on buying all new line next week and p-line is on the list. i have several goody bags from a few sporting stores hidden under my work vans seat that will be transfered to the tackle collection shortly. i have so much stuff and so many gear bags etc. that i 've been able to (fib) alittle if she questions something. i know how to do this because of all the small fish i catch:-"

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:08 pm

I prefer the buy 2 spools of Gamma and get one free rebate, but thanks for the heads up. :cheers:
aka Powerworm

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:12 pm

fishnislife wrote:
I love P-Line too, the only string I like to throw.
Amen, good stuff, and good looking out on the heads up...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:37 am

Ok since we are on the topic of P-line. I have it on one of my reels and I am looking to add it to another and re-spool the first. Which P-line product should I use?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 am

Gone Fishin wrote:Ok since we are on the topic of P-line. I have it on one of my reels and I am looking to add it to another and re-spool the first. Which P-line product should I use?
What are you going to be fishing for? Methods of fishing?

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:35 pm

Well the rod I am outfitting right now will probably do a little of everything, dropshot, senkos, and jigs mostly. Then I have a reel that I need to respool that does my crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jerk and swimbaits

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 pm

I run CXX extra strong. CX premium has a spot on a few reels of mine. I like CXX extra strong. But it is pretty strong compared to the pound test...I'd say when it labels a box with 6lb test, it actually is about 8lb test...

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I really like the Evolution Series.
I toss 8lb on a baitcaster for jigs, cranks, spinners and plastics. And 20lb for my swimbait setup.
Great stuff.

I too like the CXX Extra Strong. I usually buy 6lb. and use that for drop shotn.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:I run CXX extra strong. CX premium has a spot on a few reels of mine. I like CXX extra strong. But it is pretty strong compared to the pound test...I'd say when it labels a box with 6lb test, it actually is about 8lb test...
I was fishing with my friend and he got snagged I had just unhooked the battery on the boat and we were being pushed by a strong wind. He pulled us about 20 yards into the wind with 12 lb test. At that point I was impressed.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Too late for me! I already got my spring string changed and ready. Oh yes, it is P-Line!

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:Well the rod I am outfitting right now will probably do a little of everything, dropshot, senkos, and jigs mostly. Then I have a reel that I need to respool that does my crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jerk and swimbaits
Id go with a fluorocarbon for drop shot, jigs and jerkbaits. P-Line FLOROCLEAR is good but youll need more than one size or line for those 3 types of lures.

For swimbaits and cranks use mono. Again you will probably want to use different lbs or test.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 pm

So what lb test would you recomend for those setups?

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:06 am

for cranks/spinnerbaits i use a 8-12 pound mono. for jigs/worms i like braided line, if needed a flouro leader depends on water clarity and if im fishing alot of rocks (braid doesnt hold up to well in rocks at all) flouro for the drop shot, 6-10 pound test. usually on the lighter side though. i havent got into swimbaits to much yet but i wouldnt go under 20 pound mono.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:10 am

This is my personal set up.

Drop shot: 6-8lb flouro
Jerkbaits and senkos: 8lb flouro
Crankbaits: 10-12lb mono
Spinnerbaits: 12-14lb mono, I'll go heavier in with lots of vegetation and big fish.
Jigs: 14lb-17lb mono
Carolina/texas rigs: 12lb to 14lb

Lots of people like throwing fluoro for everything, and adjusting the rod power and action based on fluoro, that can get too expensive for me. I like buying mono buy the 1000yard spool.