NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
bassmasterderek
Commander

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by bassmasterderek » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:58 am

My name is Derek I am 27 and live in Olympia with my wife and 2 girls. I've been a Corrections Deputy for four years now and don't plan on going anywhere...needless to say I love excitement.
I have fished bass my whole life. I also enjoy crappie, catfish and striped bass. I don't target trout but enjoy catching them when I do.
Some of the lakes I fish are Silver Lake, St. Clair Lake, Alder Lake, Kapowisin, and any others with BASS!
If I'm not fishing I am mountain biking and spending time with the family.
Pictures coming soon!!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Im mike and I live in vancouver,WA. And Im 16 years old and drive a 1955 jeep willys 4x4 pickup(its flippin sweet). And I wouled say that Im a red-neck but I havent been much of a hunter/fisherman person but I love to do it when I have the chance. But I hang out with max proudfit and other red-neck boys and just cause trouble in vancouver and camas washington

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:49 pm

What up guys! Welcome to WL.com. Thanks for introducing yourself to us. We are all glad your here.
Be sure to go through this post and check out the people around here. You might find someone in your area that fishes the same lakes.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

njrick
Angler

Post by njrick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Name: Rick

I moved out here from New Jersey about 4 years ago. Here I fish mostly for bass, but I also get in some salmon and trout fishing as well. While back in Jersey, I fished more saltwater than freshwater, but I still got in about 30 freshwater trips a year, mostly for bass. I grew up living about 10 minutes from the ocean and a 2 minute walk from the bay, so I've been around the water for most of my life. When fishing inshore, my main target was striped bass, but I also fished for weakfish, fluke, flounder, and bluefish. Offshore at the canyon we fished for marlin (blue and white - never caught a white), tuna (bluefin, yellowfin, longfin, bigeye), mahi mahi, swordfish and sharks (mako being the main target). Moving out here has been a big change to my fishing, both fresh and salt water. Bass fishing is more power fishing back there as opposed to the finesse fishing here, which I'm in the process of learning. I've mainly fished Lake Washington, but have also fished Sawyer, Spanaway and Kapowsin. Hopefully while I'm picking up on some tricks and tips from the site, I'll be able to give out a few useful tips myself.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Welcome to the site Rick! This place is pretty friendly and responsive when it comes to questions, so ask away.

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:05 am

Name: Joe
Hobbies: Fishing, Softball, Boxing/Filipino Stick-Fighting {Instructor International Martial Arts/Boxing Academy}
What You Do: Journeyman Union Ironworker Local 86
Favorite Species To Fish For: LM SM and of course RBT, I like those German Browns too!
Where You Fish The Most: I've been to all the smaller lakes from Greenlake to as far south as Silver in Pierce County, no favorite really.
How Long Have You been Fishing: Since I was about 11, but more seriously since 2007.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: When I was younger in LA I used to go down to the docks at night w/a gunny sack some treble hooks, split shots, dropline and some foil, wrap my hook in foil, throw the line in the water where the Mackeral where chasing baitish and start yankin out Mackeral till I got tired. Usually took home about 20-30. I was only about 11-12 and mom really loved it. LOL
What You Do When Your Not Fishing: Working, spending time w/the Fam-Bam, ect. BTW I think this is an awesome sight and you guys are great.:fish: :fish: :fish:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 am

brownbomber wrote:Name: Joe
Hobbies: Fishing, Softball, Boxing/Filipino Stick-Fighting {Instructor International Martial Arts/Boxing Academy}
What You Do: Journeyman Union Ironworker Local 86
Favorite Species To Fish For: LM SM and of course RBT, I like those German Browns too!
Where You Fish The Most: I've been to all the smaller lakes from Greenlake to as far south as Silver in Pierce County, no favorite really.
How Long Have You been Fishing: Since I was about 11, but more seriously since 2007.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: When I was younger in LA I used to go down to the docks at night w/a gunny sack some treble hooks, split shots, dropline and some foil, wrap my hook in foil, throw the line in the water where the Mackeral where chasing baitish and start yankin out Mackeral till I got tired. Usually took home about 20-30. I was only about 11-12 and mom really loved it. LOL
What You Do When Your Not Fishing: Working, spending time w/the Fam-Bam, ect. BTW I think this is an awesome sight and you guys are great.
Welcome aboard brownbomber:salut:

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Name: Stacy (my online name Eustace is the ancient name for stacy, the roman patrain saint of hunters)

Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting and more Fishing.

Favorite Spiecies: Steelhead, But I love all fishing. My favorite of all time is simple creek fishing.

What do I do: Currently I am a College student. I worked the last ten years as a tower inspector, got tired of the constant traveling.

I grew up on Long Lake where I learned to fish for perch & bass. My family are big campers and thats were I learned to trout fish. I lived near Orting from 91 to 97 and thats when and where I learned to catch Salmon and eventually Steelhead. It took me a couple of years to learn how to catch Steelhead. Once I started my career on towers I took advantage of the type of fishing near where I was working. I have caught numerous fish species, Striped bass, White bass, Pike, Big cats, 1 big Allagator Gar, 1 Hammerhead what a fight, Numerous Red fish and tried with no avial for Tarpon and Bones. These days when I get the fever for a Steelhead I hit the Clearwater in Idaho.

My favorite place I ever fished: Grand Ilse, Lousianna. Today the Clearwater and Le Clerc Cr in Pond Oreille Co.
Well its not called Catching!

crawdad
Petty Officer

Post by crawdad » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Hello
My name is Brooks Johansson.
Hobbies: crayfishing, trout fishing, hunting,
I started my fishing in 1974 on the old seacrest pier in WestSeattle. I like to fish the high lakes and streams. My first crayfish was at Lake Shannon near Mt. Baker. Brooks

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Wecolme crawdad, might have to hit you up for some crawfish info once it opens

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Welcome to the family guys. :cheers: It's cool to see so many new people pouring in. Looking forward to the reports and fishing knowlege that you wish to share with us.
Don't forget to post up your favorite picture if you want.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:21 am

Hello all....midwest transplant..been out here four years fishing. I'll hit anything...lake, salt, river, pond, mud puddle in my back yard, as long as i can wet a line. Looking forward to learning more about the PNW methods. I will try to give as many perspectives as i can. Here is my largest WA fish.....man i love this state. Looking forward to another great spring and summer....

(32 in....4 oz. leadhead white twin tail plastic......90 ft. near prevost harbor...may 5 2007) yeah thats my 16 ft i took all the way out there...30 miles one way
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:42 am

Welcome Rolland:salut:

I guess I never really introduced myself on here,so here goes.

My name is Kevin(really?) I'm 28 years old and live in Puyallup with my wife and son.
I'm a full-time firefighter/paramedic and a certified swift water rescue technician. I enjoy fishing(duh) I will fish any species any place. But would consider my best area in esox (pike,muskie,walleye) Being in western Washington,I'm very limited to this. I also enjoy some fresh kokanee by a campfire. I can usually be found fishing Lake(s) Cushman,Riffe,Mayfield and Tapps. But love to venture to many others. I lived on the Olympic Penninsula for several years. The Dungeness River is where I learned to use a fly-rod(more learning to go) I've traveled most of Canada and would encourage others to get up there and check it out. Banff National Park rules,bear moose and just beautiful scenery. Ok,this is me in a nut shell.

James_Creek
Angler

Post by James_Creek » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Hello,
Ex-pat Washington native in search of like minded fish.
Catch and release only, worked at salmon cannery 11 years.
Outfitted sea kayak rigged for day/ multi day fishing trips.
Looking for other kayak-based fishermen in the greater Lake Missoula area.
Based in Chelan County, looking forward to exploring Eastern Washington.
Fishing is only one way to enjoy fish, put on a mask and snorkel and be amazed.
Thanks for building a useful, informative site,
J. Creek

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Welcome all.
Rolland. That's a killer ling right there...Good work on hooking into that...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 pm

Welcome aboard to all you new folks!:cheers:

pitts38pirates
Angler

Post by pitts38pirates » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Welcome to the site pitts38pirates. Pittsburg huh? I have family out there, what lakes did you ussually out there?

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”