Help Build The Lake Index Photo Library

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
kuttkilla
Captain

RE:Help Build The Lake Index Photo Library

Post by kuttkilla » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:54 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:52 am

I'll see what I can do. Hoping to go to a lake this weekend, no photos on the site of it.
aka Powerworm

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:51 am

Many people will be out fishing more since spring is now arriving. Remember to take some pictures of the lakes and the boat launch areas. Also, check the lake description and see how much information is posted. If it is pretty vague and you know the lake quite well, send Mike an e-mail with the addition information on the lake. He can add it to the lake description.

Every photo and additional lake information is greatly appreciated. Remember, in the next site upgrade coming soon, there will be lake and river reports for both Idaho and Oregon. These waters are going to need both photos and descriptions. Right now I think that all the Oregon and Idaho listings have just the name of the lake.

For river fisherman, photos of rivers will help also. It would be great to have pictures of access points and launches.

With everyone chipping in, we can make this the most informative source of information about N.W. waters on the entire web.
We are well on our way to achieving that goal. Let's kick it up another notch. :cheers:

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Ill be pitching in on this one.

Mike, did you get my PM on Long Lake?

E

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:02 pm

I did, sorry, I thought I replied to you.

I'm afraid I'm fallling behind on lots of things. I'm saving the PM to jog my aging over-worked brain.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Did anyone take some more lake pictures over the weekend that we can add to the Lake Index photos? If you did, e-mail them to Mike and he will post them. Let's continue to build the photo library.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:Did anyone take some more lake pictures over the weekend that we can add to the Lake Index photos? If you did, e-mail them to Mike and he will post them. Let's continue to build the photo library.
Thanks for the reminder. I got some of Margaret and some others.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Good reminder. I'll be hitting Cushman and a ton of others soon.This is a project I'd be very willing to contribute some time into.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Also, don't forget to check the lake index and the lake description. If the description is generic and has basic information, send Mike an addendum to the description.

I have thought for years that it would be great to retire in an RV and travel all over the state to fish and photograph all the lakes. Well, that isn't going to happen. So, if we all chip in and take photos and add information on the lakes, the site will be packed with tons of information.

We have a great start so far in doing this. Let's keep it up.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Marc Martyn wrote: I have thought for years that it would be great to retire in an RV and travel all over the state to fish and photograph all the lakes. Well, that isn't going to happen. So, if we all chip in and take photos and add information on the lakes, the site will be packed with tons of information.

We have a great start so far in doing this. Let's keep it up.
Start playing the lottery more Marc...Who knows, a nice Mega Millions jackpot would make filling up gas seem like penny change....
You might even be able to hire someone to do the driving!

Sounds good. I'll make sure to do some photography of lakes and launches I visit....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:35 am

Just a reminder to take your camera with you on all your fishing trips. Let's continue to build the Lake Index Photo Library. It adds so much to the site.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:07 am

Where should we submit the photos?
For now,I've been using the reports but can only add 2 pics in.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:46 am

kevinb wrote:Where should we submit the photos?
For now,I've been using the reports but can only add 2 pics in.
Send them to Mike or Aaron.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 pm

count me in on this one gong to goose lake and trout lake this weekend.
stan:cheese:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:08 am

I'm clicking on this as a reminder to all

I'm headed out of town for the weekend but have several lake photos to share.
It'll probably take me a little time to get them sorted

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm

The general season is coming to a close in a few weeks. There have been many new pictures added to the Lake Index this year. Thanks to those who contributed. There is still time to add more. The fall colors will be coming on soon and they make great photos. Take your camera with you and snap some more shots. Great job guys:king: and gals:queen:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:47 pm

ditto! :cheers:

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Wow!!!:cheers:
As a beta tester for the sight, I got a peek at the upcoming Lake Photo Gallery that Aaron has been working so hard in compiling in the site upgrade. I am very impressed with the participation of the members in submitting lake photos. There are now 1,555 in the gallery! I had no idea there was that many. There are photos that people have taken with their camera phones, digital and even scanned print photos taken many years ago.
I remember when I first got on this site and Mike was struggling in putting it together. I can only recall just a very few pictures of lakes. I have come to the total conclusion that this site is the most rocking site on the web for sincere member participation. I remember in the early days sending an e-mail to Mike and asking if I could send some photos of the lakes in the Spokane area. He was thrilled and commented that he could put the site together and run it, but he could not build the information library by himself. It would take members to do that. That is happening now at an ever increasing speed thanks to all of you.
Kudos to all of you who are helping Mike and Aaron in building this site!!!:salut: :thumleft: =d>

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:38 am

yup, what Marc said. Members have been building this site into an amazing resource. The new upgrade is going to really take the concept to another level. Thanks Aaron for all the long hours you're putting into the coding. It's going to be well worth it! :cheers:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Hey Mike,

Did you want the photos sent directly to you or Aaron? I have a few,some of them I dropped into my reports but
will gladly resubmit if needed.