A good place to fish!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
TheOne
Warrant Officer

A good place to fish!

Post by TheOne » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:12 pm

yea i know it is really cold out and whatnot.but i wanna go fishing for some bass,trout and possibly crappie. does anyone know any good places were i could fish that at this time of the year.i fished at a river in ashford not to long ago like a weeks ago and i didnt catch nothing i used a spinner and live bait (worm) and i have fish china lake in tacoma and i got one bite and that was when i was tight lineing i allso bober fished this little lake as well and like i said i got one bite.man that lake used to be allright.it used to be right when you cast in after 10sec at least BAM fish on.ive caught many upon many fish there but i neverd kept them i kept 3-4 bass one time but that was it.man ive caught a 23inch 5lb carp down there man that was a fun fight.i caught him in super shallow water not even knee deep i thik i was useing 6lb test.but there was only2 carp in the whole lake and i caught the biggest one outta the 2 lol.but i kept it.i dont know why i gusse i whanted to show everyone cause i know they wouldnt belive me.but sence then ive stoked the lake with at least 20 carp so i replaced it 20 times and ive got 3 im bring down there 2 marrow.but anyway ive allso fished at horseshoe bay and hook a 5 footer shark but didnt get to reall him all the way in but it was a good fight.but yea does anyone know any red hot places to fish at this time of the year.posibly a river or a little pond would be sweet man
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

bpm2000
Captain

RE:A good place to fish!

Post by bpm2000 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Sentences, paragraphs dude :cheers: .

So what you are saying is... YOU stocked a lake with MORE carp?8-[

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:51 pm

that is what i was thinking lol!

i was wondering what sort of lake only has 2 carp in it? unless its not a lake at all but a pond that someone decided to put 2 carp in.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Was the river you fished in Ashford Skate Creek?

Dont try too hard in re populating a lake with carp they are non native invasive species that can really ruin a fishery in no time at all. Plus its illegal to take it upon yourself to stock a lake.

I know you might have meant well, but I have a feeling that there is going to be some, lets just say, "less than happy" people who might comment on this issue.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm

ROFL

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:01 pm

carp are fun to catch but should not be stocked anywere!

i know you were just having fun and did not know how bad they are for a fishery but just a heads up.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Most rivers, streams and beaver ponds open June 1st...

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm

WOW!

viet
Petty Officer

Post by viet » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Rob G. wrote:WOW!
my thoughts exactly. :-k
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:13 pm

TheOne wrote:yea i know it is really cold out and whatnot.but i wanna go fishing for some bass,trout and possibly crappie. does anyone know any good places were i could fish that at this time of the year.i fished at a river in ashford not to long ago like a weeks ago and i didnt catch nothing i used a spinner and live bait (worm) and i have fish china lake in tacoma and i got one bite and that was when i was tight lineing i allso bober fished this little lake as well and like i said i got one bite.man that lake used to be allright.it used to be right when you cast in after 10sec at least BAM fish on.ive caught many upon many fish there but i neverd kept them i kept 3-4 bass one time but that was it.man ive caught a 23inch 5lb carp down there man that was a fun fight.i caught him in super shallow water not even knee deep i thik i was useing 6lb test.but there was only2 carp in the whole lake and i caught the biggest one outta the 2 lol.but i kept it.i dont know why i gusse i whanted to show everyone cause i know they wouldnt belive me.but sence then ive stoked the lake with at least 20 carp so i replaced it 20 times and ive got 3 im bring down there 2 marrow.but anyway ive allso fished at horseshoe bay and hook a 5 footer shark but didnt get to reall him all the way in but it was a good fight.but but yea does anyone know any red hot places to fish at this time of the year.posibly a river or a little pond would be sweet man
Not to be the internet police or anything but if you could stick away from the swear words that would be much appreciated.

Again, like others said, I wouldn't be stocking carp into any lake.

My suggestions for you is to look through the reports of lakes near your location. I wouldn't say any lake at this point will be "red hot" fishing, but if you find some good lakes, you could get some action...
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 pm

viet wrote:
Rob G. wrote:WOW!
my thoughts exactly. :-k
I was thinking that I was the only one who thought this was kind off. When I read this when it got posted, my first thought was "just don't even reply, just don't even reply". (that's my thoughts in quotations, kind of cool huh?)
This guy must be young. Got a good chuckle out of it though.
I'm surprised the site didn't edit *&% out his swear words.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Quote edited.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:31 pm

WOW Seriously
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:47 pm

yea its kinda a large pond i gusse you can say.and im not just going to put a few koi in it im allso putting baby catfish and trout. and crappie and in about a week in going there to rake all the green foamy grass type stuff outta the watter.and im allso going to cut the fallen over trees up and get them ouut the way so you can cast out real good.basicly im going to fix it up and restore life in this pond.it was thriveing of life a few yers ago and now you dont catch anything.mabey one or two fish.mabey..but i will restore the life that the careless people destroyd.i like helping nature.and thanx for the comment on not stocking this pond with carp.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:57 pm

TheOne wrote:yea its kinda a large pond i gusse you can say.and im not just going to put a few koi in it im allso putting baby catfish and trout. and crappie and in about a week in going there to rake all the green foamy grass type stuff outta the watter.and im allso going to cut the fallen over trees up and get them ouut the way so you can cast out real good.basicly im going to fix it up and restore life in this pond.it was thriveing of life a few yers ago and now you dont catch crap.mabey one or two fish.mabey..but i will restore the life that the careless people destroyd.i like helping nature.and thanx for the comment on not stocking this pond with carp.
its illegal to stock any kind of fish your self. you need a permit to transfer the fish. im not positive but it might be agains the sites rules posting about a illegal activity.

the above info on reading reports is about as good as it will get, look through them and look at the dates of the posts you can even search through countys to narrow the search.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Is this kid for real
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 pm

TheOne wrote:yea its kinda a large pond i gusse you can say.and im not just going to put a few koi in it im allso putting baby catfish and trout. and crappie and in about a week in going there to rake all the green foamy grass type stuff outta the watter.and im allso going to cut the fallen over trees up and get them ouut the way so you can cast out real good.basicly im going to fix it up and restore life in this pond.it was thriveing of life a few yers ago and now you dont catch crap.mabey one or two fish.mabey..but i will restore the life that the careless people destroyd.i like helping nature.and thanx for the comment on not stocking this pond with carp.
that green foamy grass is vital to the lake along with the downed trees i wouldnt remove either. the grass will provide cover and food for the bait fish(plankton and other micro stuff that baitfish eat), and the downed wood will be great cover as well. putting koi in would be terrible. sounds like the lake is still thriving, just gotta learn to fish it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:43 am

Man your not helping the lake by doing that.If anything your make it worse.If I was you I would just leave it alone.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 am

Ok....where is this "China Lake" you speak of? Has anyone heard of this place? I just went to the lake index and found NADA! So maybe this kid is talking about a pond in his back yard or something.....do us all a favor bro...if this is a public lake please let the state take care of the fish population, and go to the links section of this site and you'll find a rule pamphlet. Spend some time reading that and then go to any of the top rated lakes on this site and you'll do fine. There is a nice thread in this forum that gives us all kinds of fishing tips so you should have no excuses. I know you've been a member since April of last year but I don't remember seeing too many posts from you...so welcome, please avoid cussin and good luck fishin!

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.