rapjohn lake in peirce county

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
troutmasterj
Angler

rapjohn lake in peirce county

Post by troutmasterj » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Any body ever fished rapjohn in peirce county I drove by it the other day and was wondering how the fishing is and what you can catch. Any tips for how to catch fish on this lake will be apreciated

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:rapjohn lake in peirce county

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Check the reports for the lake...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Check the reports for the lake...
hahaha.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 pm

I have gone several times. Not a lot last year. There are bass, brown trout, rainbow, blue gill. I have seen brown trout and bass. I have caught blue gill and rainbow. I would think that there are perch too but I don't remember seeing or catching them.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Kokanee Kid
Petty Officer

Post by Kokanee Kid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:24 am

Trout, bass, spinyrays, and catfish. I have only fised it a time or two after stocking. All I did was wedding ring and worm. This was after a tripilod stocking and I caught five fatties.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 am

troutmasterj wrote:Any body ever fished rapjohn in peirce county I drove by it the other day and was wondering how the fishing is and what you can catch. Any tips for how to catch fish on this lake will be apreciated
37 posted reports on Rapjohn.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportList.aspx?id=60

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

lori
Petty Officer

Post by lori » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:01 am

fish it before July after that you may not caqtch anything.We have fished ther several times and I would rate it a 3 sometimes the fish bit sometimes they dont
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

tiggobitty
Angler

Post by tiggobitty » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:36 pm

In have fished rapjohn a few times on opening day the past few years , lots of people catch trout trolling pistol petes, spinners, spoons and wedding rings. lOTS OF LIMITS BY ACHORING NEAR THE BOAT LAUNCH AWAY FROM THE BANK ANGLERS. Powerbait worms eggs and marshmellows seem to work for the trout. I have done pretty well for bass mid size mostly fishing worms and buzzbaits. late afternoons on rapjohn can get pretty windy in the evening. Be ready for changes in the weather. Also the game wardens frequent the lake especially on oopening day.