Read this and save $517

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
2000subaru
Commander

RE:Read this and save $517

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Just talked with the shop...
1). 1 month of rental car...without a tow hitch!
2.) new motor suggested about $6k total!

I'm very sad right now.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Hopefully the city becomes the sad one. :rambo:
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:44 pm

I can't see why the city wouldn't be liable for the repair.

Dang... a new engine. That sure is nasty.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 pm

BONNEY LAKE: Launch your boat for free – for now – at Lake TappsTHE NEWS TRIBUNE Published: February 21st, 2008 01:00 AMLaunching a boat at the Lake Tapps boat ramp in Bonney Lake will be free until late spring. The metal posts that go up and down automatically at the ramp for a fee will be staying down.

Last week, one of the thick hydraulic bollards rose up too soon, cracking the oil pan of a vehicle that was too slow leaving the lake after dropping off a watercraft. The vehicle had to be towed away, officials said.

The cause of the malfunction is the low lake level. The launch system sensors are set to the normal recreational level of the lake. The much lower water level now means a vehicle on the ramp is farther down the ramp. The sensors misread how long it took the vehicle to exit last weekend.

The credit card-activated system was installed last July along with a higher $17 fee.

Bonney Lake Parks Director Gary Leaf told the Bonney Lake City Council on Tuesday that the launch system will be turned off until the lake fills back up for boating season.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/loca ... 88980.html

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:05 am

LAKE TAPPS
Bonney Lake launch system turned off till spring
Mike Archbold; mike.archbold@thenewstribune.com Published: February 19th, 2008 10:15 PM

The metal poles that go up and down automatically at the Lake Tapps boat ramp in Bonney Lake will be staying down until late spring.
Last week, one of the thick hydraulic metal bollards rose up too soon, cracking the oil pan of a vehicle that was too slow leaving the lake after dropping off a watercraft. The vehicle had to be towed away and the owner plans to file a damage claim with the city, according to city officials..

Don't blame it on the new automatic boat launch system, Eric Paffenroth of Netversant which installed the system last July told the Bonney Lake City Council Tuesday night.

The problem was the low lake level, he explained.

"The launch system sensors (in the ramp) are based on the lake levels," he said.

The sensors that raise and lower the posts are currently set to the summer recreation lake level, he said. The much lower water level now means a vehicle on the ramp is farther down the ramp and the sensors misread how long it took the vehicle to exit, he said.

The result: Whomp!

"I was afraid it would damage the bollard," said Gary Leaf, the city's parks director.

Coincidentally, Paffenroth already was scheduled to give a report to the Council about the system, He told them it worked at nearly 100 percent efficiency last summer once it was fine-tuned.

With the automatic launch system came a new, higher launch fee. The city used to charge $12 total to launch and retrieve a boat. The money was collected by an attendant. The City Council raised the fee to $17 payable by credit card at the kiosk at the boat launch: $8.50 to launch and $8.50 to retrieve the boat later in the day.

Leaf said he wasn't even aware people were using the ramp, located at Allan Yorke Park, this winter. He told the council the launch system will be turned off.

Launches will be free until the lake level is high enough, sometime in April or May, Leaf said.

Mike Archbold: 253-597-8692

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/upda ... 87896.html

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the damages to your vehicle. I was planning on trying this lake out soon. Is this the only boat launch, if not are the other launches using the same posts?

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:54 pm

bassmasterderek wrote:Sorry to hear about the damages to your vehicle. I was planning on trying this lake out soon. Is this the only boat launch, if not are the other launches using the same posts?
Use thenorth county launch. It's cheaper (ouch... it went up to $15 though!), safer (no bollards of death!), and your vehicle is parked in a safer place.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Stay away from Allan Yourke. That place is a dump anyway.
The City of Bonney Lake runs this. They do NOT care about you. They sure want your money though. I've had nothing but trouble here. 3 months ago, I was fishing with my son. As I was walking to the parking lot,I noticed a methhead messing with my driver side door. I was still a distance away and called 911. I then approached this idiot by surprise. "Anything good in there?" I said. He tried to bolt,but I had him by his shirt collar.(It got physical,I'm editing that out.No need to promote violence of any kind) So Bonney Lake PD shows up about 15 minutes later. The officer has attitude right away and treats me as if I was "The Methhead" this goes on for several minutes. He then sees my union firefighter decal and asks "You a fireman?" Extending his hand to shake. I told him where he could stick it. After all the attitude,I'm a firefighter and were suppose to be buddies. Ha,I don't think so...

Ok, so boring story but this stuff happens all the time there. The City of Bonney Lake is well aware and does not care about your physical or material's safety. They just want money. Some Bonney Lake Officers have a little free time and like to hassle boaters in stead of going after the drug dealers.(Sad)
Allan Yourke Park has a lot of illegal activity going on,drug dealers/users,assaults and especially car thefts. (if you think I'm BS'n...trust me..ask the neighbors who live in the area. Their fed up too.)

I believe that most of Bonney Lake PD are awesome guys/gals. And I'm not trying to put your department down. But its time to take serious action. The City of Bonney Lake shoud be embarrassed. I personally will never use this launch. They don't care about my friends and family's safety. But they love to hold their hand out and take our money. Ask around,others can tell you worse stories.

City of Bonney Lake....Shame on you.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Ok,done ranting

North Tapps launch awesome.:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Sorry subaru...I took this thread on a joy ride.
However,they destroyed your car.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 am

kevinb wrote:Ok,done ranting

North Tapps launch awesome.:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Sorry subaru...I took this thread on a joy ride.
However,they destroyed your car.
It's all good man. I am proud to say that I will be supporting the north tapps launch also. And to make Washington Lakes aware of the City of Bonney Lake's contribution to my hobby... My new tow rig as purchased my new team sponsor.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Attachments
new_tow_rig.jpg
new_tow_rig.jpg (84.97 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:57 am

So... you going to update your userID too? 2002CR-V?

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 am

dilbert wrote:So... you going to update your userID too? 2002CR-V?
Oh man thats funny.
I should start a thread all about bashing the city and allan yourke park. its owned by communists.:cheers:

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 am

kevinb wrote:Stay away from Allan Yourke. ...They do NOT care about you. ...They just want money....City of Bonney Lake....Shame on you.
So you're saying you don't want to buy my access card for the Allen Yourke Launch? I won't charge extra for the tweakers and police abuse.
:geek:

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 am

North lake launch it is.. Thanks for the advise guys.