Releasing trout caught on powerbait

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

RE:Releasing trout caught on powerbait

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:23 am

fish4brains wrote:It is an Alaska style rigging. I peg a small trout plastic egg bead 1.5" above a size 8 hook with a toothpick then cover the egg with P-bait.
I did a quick Google search for Alaska Style Rigging and couldn't come up with anything - maybe I am being a little slow, maybe it is just Monday morning - I get the bead, I get the toothpick, I get the hook - how do they go together? Got pics?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
fish4brains wrote:It is an Alaska style rigging. I peg a small trout plastic egg bead 1.5" above a size 8 hook with a toothpick then cover the egg with P-bait.
I did a quick Google search for Alaska Style Rigging and couldn't come up with anything - maybe I am being a little slow, maybe it is just Monday morning - I get the bead, I get the toothpick, I get the hook - how do they go together? Got pics?
Sorry but my camera went swimming on last steelhead trip, so no pic. Get the small trout eggs, hard plastic with hole through them. Thread your leader through it, I use a good 6lb flouro., tie on hook. Take toothpick and peg the egg on your line about 2 inches up from hook, break off the toothpick flush with egg . Take favorite PB and cover egg, form into nice ball. Your set up should be: Main line threaded through egg sinker,Swivel, Leader threaded through egg to hook. Peg the egg, cover with PB, Cast into productive area, set hook on new state record!

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Does it look like this??

[edit]I guess the file was too large to show so you have to open it.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

lskiles wrote:Does it look like this??

[edit]I guess the file was too large to show so you have to open it.
That's it !

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 am

Ahhh (light bulb starting to glow), got it - I will have to give it a try. Thanks!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker