Olympic Peninsula

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
branweeds
Warrant Officer

Olympic Peninsula

Post by branweeds » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 am

Okay, I have my bass rods, steelhead rod, trout rods, and fly rods all packed for a trip over to the pinninsula next week. We are spending a little over a week long camping at Kalaloch, as we try do to annually with the family. This is the first year I have decided to bring all of my rods along, with hopes of landing several different types of fish. Right now I am planning on going after some surf perch on the beach (I believe the state record was caught in Kalaloch) and also chasing some cutties up the creeks. One thing I am hoping to do is stop by the Sol Duc, either to fly for trout or maybe try below the hatchery for some spring run kings. Unfortuneatley, I have no experience in this region, nor no anyone who does. I will only be fishing with my dad, and we won't have time to use a day for some guided fishing. If anyone has any recommendations, advice, or anything I would love a comment or PM. I will post a few reports after the trip.
Everyone have a great 4th! [thumbsup]

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Re: Olympic Peninsula

Post by dj2loud » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 pm

did you have any luck?

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:21 pm

We did have some good luck surf perch fishing from the beach, I did a little report on it a while back. Highlight of the trip was probably the fish tacos. Other than that, it was fly fishing the nearby creeks and caught a few nice cutthroat.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:38 pm

sounds like a fun trip....