whats out there to fish for december?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
PhillipAndWorld
Angler

whats out there to fish for december?

Post by PhillipAndWorld » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 am

been really busy these last couple of months and been really wanting to hit the waters and get my lines wet. but i have never fished past fall season so i am curious as to what is actually catchable during the month of december. i am a shore angler and live in the eastside area so im not sure what my options are but im willing to drive a hour or so. im a multi species angler so i don't care what type of fish it is.

G-Man
Admiral

Re: whats out there to fish for december?

Post by G-Man » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:41 am

When you say you are on the east side, do you mean like Bellevue/Issaquah or are we talking east of the Cascades?. In general, trout come back closer to shore this time of year to feed and though the fishing isn't normally as red hot as it is during the spring, the fish you catch are of a much higher quality.

PhillipAndWorld
Angler

Post by PhillipAndWorld » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:05 pm

G-Man wrote:When you say you are on the east side, do you mean like Bellevue/Issaquah or are we talking east of the Cascades?. In general, trout come back closer to shore this time of year to feed and though the fishing isn't normally as red hot as it is during the spring, the fish you catch are of a much higher quality.
yup bellevue/issaquah eastside. you know of any bodies of water open for trout fishing?

hinds2912
Petty Officer

Post by hinds2912 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors ... e-or-boat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyQC8P9GhfA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First one is about lake roosevelt and the second is rufus woods. Great options if you want to avoid the ice. Otherwise if you are eastside as in spokane... Eloika and Silver for perch once the ice firms up, Fourth of July and Hog canyon for trout, there are lots of options if your willing to bundle up and brave the cold.

hinds2912
Petty Officer

Post by hinds2912 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyQC8P9GhfA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heres one posted to you tube by wdfw about Lake Roosevelt winter bank fishing! enjoy!

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:11 pm

You have a bunch of lakes from which to choose. Beaver Lake, Lake Washington, Lake Sammamish, Green Lake and Angle Lake to name a few. There are plenty more, remember, if a lake is not listed under the special rules section, it is open year round and the general state wide regulations apply.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Pine Lake. No gas motors. No boat launch, hand carry boats only. Has a large fishing dock at the park.
Tom.

Interests: living

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Amx wrote:Pine Lake. No gas motors. No boat launch, hand carry boats only. Has a large fishing dock at the park.
Pine Lake closed at the end of Oct. Won't open again until spring.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:21 pm

BentRod wrote:
Amx wrote:Pine Lake. No gas motors. No boat launch, hand carry boats only. Has a large fishing dock at the park.
Pine Lake closed at the end of Oct. Won't open again until spring.
Ok, thanks for the info. And he'll have to check that for any lake he wants to fish.
Tom.

Interests: living

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Yeah, you really need to download the regs and look on-line at the emergency rules changes before you do any fishing anywhere.

This year - no kidding - there have been rules changes almost every single week. Many of them major changes, closures etc.

If you download the regs as a PDF, you can easily search for the body of water you are fishing or the type of fish, gear rules, etc.

BUT - Then be sure to go back on-line and check for emergency changes.

TMBob
Petty Officer

Post by TMBob » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Did ok at Offut and Tanwax from the Resort docks.....looking for more action though closer to the Renton area

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:59 pm

There are so many great trout lakes in our area. Unfortunately most are surrounded by private property or hard to access from land. These slower fishing months might be a good time to find something to float around on?

Lake Morton and Lake Holme are 30 min south of you, but are somewhat shore fishable. Sawyer is in the same area too, and has a nice park.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Here is a link to an old thread regarding fishing the big lake during the winter. I used to fish off the dock at Kennydale beach (north Renton) during the winter when I was in high school. I caught my first cutt in Lake Washington from that dock.

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... nter+trout