Green River Access?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Odin210
Angler

Green River Access?

Post by Odin210 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Long story short, looking for some general tips for access to Green in Kent up to 277th when it opens tomorrow. Not asking secret spots or anything, just never fished south of 277th on the Green before (the last time I fished the Green was years back and I always fished exclusively north of 277th). Looking at the map, I imagine I'll be able to find plenty of access, but a friendly local could save me a mess of missed fishing time. Been digging through forum posts, but quite a large number so I thought I'd take a shot here.

If it's any incentive, I've convinced the vegan woman I've been dating a few months now to go do some salmon fishing (she's as excited as me and, unlikely as it is to happen, figure if I get her onto even a small fish that'll be one small victory for our side). Probably spend all my time helping her and not fishing, but I'm game.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Re: Green River Access?

Post by Dave M » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 pm

The Meeker bridge by riverbend golf course. There is a trail that runs along the river with several places to get down to the water.
259th where it meets the interurban trail has a little access.
Kent soccer fields there are several places from there to 277th.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Meeker st bridge is good. Go down 196th to either Frager or Russell Roads. Lots of access areas.

Odin210
Angler

Post by Odin210 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:31 am

Awesome guys, thanks! Heading out in a few here. Will certainly post a report, failure or success.