Buzz Bombs/Spoons during salmon closures

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Odin210
Angler

Buzz Bombs/Spoons during salmon closures

Post by Odin210 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:53 am

Pretty new to salt fishing, but was curious about the legality of casting spoons/Buzz Bombs for SRC and perch during salmon closures. Far as I can tell, it's not illegal, but hear it's frowned upon by wardens. I know there are better baits for both, but I'm a lure guy, and really do love my little pink Buzz Bomb (it might not put as many fish in my cooler on fresh water, but consistently puts bigger ones, and bank fishing it allows me to really get into deeper water). Naturally, when I've done it in salt I use a single point, barbless (sometimes with a grub), but that's just how I normally do it because I'm not a big fan of treble hooks (and only use them on lures that it's too much of a pain to change them out on, like my small trout/panfish lures).

My thinking is it shouldn't be much of an issue, especially if I'm on a pier fishing towards shore (since that's where the SRC and perch are), but am just curious. Probably a stupid question, as I can find no where in the regs anything regarding specific lures, just specific hooks and set ups (i.e. anti-snagging regs).

Any and all input greatly appreciated by this long time lurker, first time poster.

Teenangler07nwest
Petty Officer

Re: Buzz Bombs/Spoons during salmon closures

Post by Teenangler07nwest » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:28 am

Just don't do it. People get all antsy and you could get a ticket because there's a high chance of catching a coho.