fishing piers near tacoma?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
goonatic
Commander

fishing piers near tacoma?

Post by goonatic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:52 pm

where are some good fishing piers near tacoma? lets say around 50 miles or less. besides les davis, pt defiance and dash point? mainly targetting perch, or flounder and salmon etc. thanks for any imput!

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Re: fishing piers near tacoma?

Post by Onmygame » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Fox Island and Redondo are both close to Tacoma

onmygame

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:05 am

I am sure there are a few parks with piers in area 12 to fish from in Shelton. Olympia has a few as well, downtown area and the point area has parks with piers and marina's. Check WDFW areas for saltwater access areas. Google earth is your friend best way to search.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 am

There is a nice quiet, not used a lot pier located on Vashon Island. You can take the ferry from Tacoma, to the S. end of Vashon. Forget the name of the Ferry, but it's the only one. I like this pier just because it is so low key. Can't say much about the fishing, though. I just crabbed there a bit.
Pier is located on the East side of the island. Just drive along the shoreline road.

goonatic
Commander

Post by goonatic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:43 am

thanks for the input guys, ive always wondered where i can and cant fish at in the bays and such, like if i could just drive along the shore somewhere and plop there and start fishing as long as it wasnt private property, ive google mapped some places but wasnt sure if i could just cast out a line without getting some sort of ticket for some odd reason.