Fishing at Brewster advice needed

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gottidave
Petty Officer

Fishing at Brewster advice needed

Post by gottidave » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi all

Will be fishing at Brewster this coming weekend (Friday - Sun) and camp around there.

Any advice fishing there? Highly appreciated. First time there

Where to launch boat? Where to fish? What to fish for sockeye or king?

Anything highly appreciated

Thank you

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Fishing at Brewster advice needed

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Here's our video from last year to answer a few questions and get you pumped up:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rusty
Petty Officer

Post by rusty » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Kyle jones has a good sockeye tutorial on his website. There is a launch right in Brewster. That is the most popular. There is also a rough launch up the Okanagan river small boats use. There is also decent launch down the river in Pateros. The main fishing area is near the mouth of the Okanagan river. Just look for the boats
Brewster has a rv park but I'm sure it is full. You can camp in the overflow lot nearby but I don't think they allow tents. I target sockeye this time of year but kings are in there too. If you see an old almar jet boat say hi. I will be down there too. Good luck fishing.

gottidave
Petty Officer

Post by gottidave » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks all

Hi Mike, saw that video a few times. Went to Baker lake, last weekend and did not catch anything. uhh tough weekend, actually sunday and monday

Did the guy use any shrimp on with that setup as well? What kind of scent did he use? Sockeye Kokanee? Krill? Shrimp?

Rusy: will pm you. Maybe will see you there. We are camping at Alta Lake State Park

Thanks again.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:21 am

get some good intel before you go unless you class this trip as a research trip.

I've seen reports saying the fishing is slow because the rains have got a bunch of the fish to run up the Okanogan.

I'd try calling one of the guides that fishes it daily for current info.

Also if it's anything like my last trip up there, pay attention to the other boaters. It does get crowded up there and not everyone operates boats like cars on the road.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:24 am

gottidave wrote:Thanks all

Hi Mike, saw that video a few times. Went to Baker lake, last weekend and did not catch anything. uhh tough weekend, actually sunday and monday

Did the guy use any shrimp on with that setup as well? What kind of scent did he use? Sockeye Kokanee? Krill? Shrimp?

Rusy: will pm you. Maybe will see you there. We are camping at Alta Lake State Park

Thanks again.
coon shrimp and Super Dipping sauce sockeye flavor.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".