ice fishing flasher?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Xiphias Gladius
Petty Officer

ice fishing flasher?

Post by Xiphias Gladius » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm thinking of buying a ice fishing sonar device. I'm on a 15-year old budget, so I'm trying to not spend more than 100-150 dollars. Has anyone had any real success with them? How well do they work? Pros, cons?

Hal
Warrant Officer

RE:ice fishing flasher?

Post by Hal » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:12 pm

I wouldnt Ice fish without one, but your going to need about $250 to get even a used one. Vexilar fl-8 will do you fine, I use the Lowrance x67 ice machine because I can use graph mode as well in the summer. Get one, youll love it.
I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Actually, there is an option. Hummingbird has a clever type that you attach to your fishing rod and cast to the desired location. The screen is a wrist watch style and connects wireless.

It normally runs about 120 bucks, but Cabala's had it on their Grand Opening Sale in Post Falls, Idaho, for $68, so I got one for some specialty plans later this year. I went ice fishing on Saturday, and took it with me, and it is sure not a high end unit, but if the budget is limited, I found it worked quite well.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Hal
Warrant Officer

Post by Hal » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:52 pm

I'd save up and get a flasher, its worth it. Good Luck.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 am

Anglinarcher wrote:Actually, there is an option. Hummingbird has a clever type that you attach to your fishing rod and cast to the desired location. The screen is a wrist watch style and connects wireless.

It normally runs about 120 bucks, but Cabala's had it on their Grand Opening Sale in Post Falls, Idaho, for $68, so I got one for some specialty plans later this year. I went ice fishing on Saturday, and took it with me, and it is sure not a high end unit, but if the budget is limited, I found it worked quite well.
those things suck big time. they work a little bit but there can be no wind at all or it loses reception. i have the wrist watch one, i have used it about three times total in the last year. i bought it in hopes it would work alot better but i was sadly dissapointed.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”