River closures??

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Teenangler07nwest
Petty Officer

River closures??

Post by Teenangler07nwest » Sun May 01, 2016 10:51 am

Quick question for all of you. Obviously it is clear that there will be no salmon fishing in the puget sound and their rivers but will the upper skykomish (reiter ponds) be open for summer steelhead???
Thanks, bummer of a year we have before us. Tight lines and dry waders.
Jakob

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: River closures??

Post by Larry3215 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 pm

There is detailed info on the WDFW pages. I forget where but it shouldnt be hard to find. Follow the links in the WDFW announcements posted in the other threads on this subject.

Jimbo
Angler

Post by Jimbo » Mon May 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Front page, we go the horn. Not just salmon fishing folks, like Lake Washington. 100% closed to fishing. Bass folks not happy, can't blame them. Shame the 2 sides can't come to some agreement. The tackle shops will be hurting and all the place's the live off our $$. Everett boat ramp for one.

Ian Horning
Petty Officer

Post by Ian Horning » Mon May 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Sorry Bud the rivers as they are are all closed down. The Sky is barred up to the Deer Creek falls way the hell up on the North Fork.

We still have a month till opening day to try and get something resolved, and of course summer... but I don't want to be throwing bass flies all summer... I want to be chasing chrome in remote areas of the Sky!

Let's hope change comes. I'd just want the rivers open so I can chase a particular non-salmon/steelhead of interest.
You never know what you'll discover..... If you take a couple of steps into the water.

sfgregorini
Petty Officer

Post by sfgregorini » Thu May 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Its sad! I am planning a 10 day trip in July to fish the sky with cousins and now it may not happen.

Does anyone feel there is a small chance they can come to an agreement.

AJFishdude
Warrant Officer

Post by AJFishdude » Sun May 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Ian Horning wrote:I'd just want the rivers open so I can chase a particular non-salmon/steelhead of interest.
I'm in the same boat Ian. I have a lot of deep backcountry water I want to hit this summer that may not happen now.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Get that passport mr. Fishdude/mr. Horning bc has lots of open back country rivers to explore. Ill probably hit a local river tomorrow in search of spring run steel. If either of you made it up here id be happy to show you around. Summer run hatchery coho (bluebacks, which are jacks/estuary resident fish) should be ramping up in the next month too.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

sfgregorini
Petty Officer

Post by sfgregorini » Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

jonb wrote:Get that passport mr. Fishdude/mr. Horning bc has lots of open back country rivers to explore. Ill probably hit a local river tomorrow in search of spring run steel. If either of you made it up here id be happy to show you around. Summer run hatchery coho (bluebacks, which are jacks/estuary resident fish) should be ramping up in the next month too.
I may be willing to take you up on that offer. I'd love to visit BC :)

AJFishdude
Warrant Officer

Post by AJFishdude » Tue May 10, 2016 4:35 pm

I may have to take you up on the offer John.