Video of my 9lb personal best!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
capers26
Petty Officer

Video of my 9lb personal best!

Post by capers26 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:54 am

Hi everybody,

I posted a few pics of my PB bass a few months ago in the trophy bass thread but I didn't give you all that much information, so here's the story!

We were fishing on a good sized lake in Eastern Oregon and the water was really low. Normally this lake has a lot of flooded cover but the lake was so low that there was almost none left. It had been hot for a few weeks, like 90 degrees and sunny, so we figured the fish would be somewhat deep since there was no shade. After catching a few fish I realized I was going to have to fish for largemouth's like I would normally fish for smallmouths.

In the rocky lakes out here my go-to has been carolina rigs for the past couple seasons. I caught a few more fish that way but I wasn't doing as well as my friends were. My buddy Gary recommended I try one of his homemade jigs so I tied it up on another rod. Being stubborn as I can be though, I stuck to my carolina rod for a while longer. After breaking off for what seemed like the 100th time, I finally started to throw the jig.

We were able to mark some nice underwater cliffs so I was casting out as far as I could parallel to them and slowly dragging the jig back to the boat. This fish bit pretty lightly and didn't seem like a big fish at all at first. It wasn't until she came up and poked her head out of the water that we knew she was a big one. It almost looked like she tried to jump but couldn't get herself all the way out! After that she tried to come up one more time. At that point I just tried to get her to the net. My buddy was able to net her, and that was that.

Here's the video!

https://youtu.be/QM5Q13G7znY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: Video of my 9lb personal best!

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 am

That fish seriously looks just like I did on Thanksgiving day at about 4pm. Absoultely couldn't take another bite without splitting at the seams. Nice fish. I guess I'll have to start fishing in my socks if I want to catch a largie like that. LOL Hey men, if it works it works. [thumbsup]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:27 am

Congrats, definitely a piggy. :cheers:
Tom.

Interests: living

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 am

Nice!

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 am

=D> BEAST =D>

capers26
Petty Officer

Post by capers26 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Thanks everybody!
Skimpy man keep up what you're doing! I follow you on Instagram and have seen most of your YouTube videos. Good stuff, it's nice to see how people do it in the NW since it's so unique compared to other regions.