Boat launch with dock to fish Hoodsport

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bay wolf
Commander

Boat launch with dock to fish Hoodsport

Post by Bay wolf » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:48 am

I'd like to take the boat up and fish the Hoodsport Hatchery area for Chum. I need a dock to be able to launch tie up and go park. High bow glass boat. Is there any such launch in the Hoodsport area?

Thanks
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

fajitamondays
Angler

Re: Boat launch with dock to fish Hoodsport

Post by fajitamondays » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 pm

The Skokomish Tribe runs a nice two lane concrete ramp in Potlatch, just before the bridge in town. There is no dock at this one, but ample gravel beach area. The other decent launch near Hoodsport is all the way down at Twanoh State Park, but I hear they pull the docks for the winter, so not sure if that has happened yet or not.

If you are willing to make a longer run, there might be better marinas in the north end of the canal.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:23 pm

the dock at twanoh was pulled atleast a month ago. winter storm damage prevention.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

This link takes you to an on-line map showing all the public boat launches in the state. If you click on the individual launch it also gives you contact info so you can call to see about docks, etc.

http://watercruiser.smartmine.com/#LandingPage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18ftTrophy
Warrant Officer

Post by 18ftTrophy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Great link, Thanks