almost got to fish the skook

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokey9
Captain

almost got to fish the skook

Post by spokey9 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:13 am

so yesterday morning i got up early to run down and fish the skook. did my gear check and put my tags & a pen in the zippered pouch on my waders. everything is ready to go and i head out. i pulled up by the salmon intake, nobody's around. i walk to see what i can see. there a couple old kings hanging next to the bank and then i see a flash from the slot. after watching for about 10 minutes i see about a dozen bright fish milling around. i'm excited at this point, good looking fish holding and no pressure on them. i head up to the truck to gear up. while i'm dressing i'm having a mental debate about whether to throw a spinner or twitch first knowing i'm gonna get at least one quick coho. i finish dressing and put the rods together and a quick double check that i got everything. i find that somehow my tags are gone.

now i'm tossing the truck completely baffled how they could've vanished. thinking maybe i dropped them in the in-laws driveway i undress and head back. once i get there i hunt around and there's no sign of them. at that point i decide i'm done and accepted my fate. didnt feel like dealing with walmart for replacement tags.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: almost got to fish the skook

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:32 am

Ouch! What a disappointing way to discover that. Sorry. I'm so paranoid about potentially forgetting my license that I check my vest to make sure it's there even if i haven't removed it between trips.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 am

i'm paranoid about them too. i usually check on them once a day at home and a few times while on the water.

ended up taking the kid to a pumpkin patch party. thats almost as good as fishing [thumbup]

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:22 am

spokey9 wrote:i'm paranoid about them too. i usually check on them once a day at home and a few times while on the water.

ended up taking the kid to a pumpkin patch party. thats almost as good as fishing [thumbup]
Lol, that's what I'm doing today! :cheers:

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:09 pm

was there a lot of fish? lots of people?

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:12 pm

saw about a dozen fish and didnt see anybody fishing