Duwamish Coho?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rivcyclist
Angler

Duwamish Coho?

Post by rivcyclist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi first time post here thanks for looking.
Started fishing about 3 weeks ago with the goal of catching a coho, still trying to catch my first one.
Spent 3 hours Saturday morning at sunrise and 2 hours Sunday morning and I'm not seeing any fish, only saw 1 fish jump yesterday and 3 this morning, no bites on the line. I've fished at Codiga park in tukwila and between the 102nd Ave bridge and Boeing access bridge, drift fishing with dick nite spoons and jig fishing some. Are the coho petering out on the Duwamish/Green? Granted I'm new and my presentation is probably wrong but I thought I'd see more fish around. Any advice appreciated thanks!

oldguyfox
Petty Officer

Re: Duwamish Coho?

Post by oldguyfox » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Float or drift eggs during an outgoing morning tide at the 112th street access.

Upriver, try to to intercept fish as they migrate through an hour after high tide.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:45 pm

The Duwamish seems to be slower This season compared to previous. However, there are fish around. Keep at it will probably pay off eventually. Hopefully the changing weather will make for at least one more good Coho week before the season is out. It can be good all they way till the end of October.

legendaryangler
Angler

Post by legendaryangler » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:23 pm

My buddy that fishes the salt says there s still a bunch in the salt

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm

It's about done. I bet if you check the escapement reports this Thursday, the numbers will spike. That shot of rain we got and the one we are about to get later on this week will drive those fish up to the hatchery. I had a banner year so far, so I can't complain.

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Post by Ratherbefishing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:23 pm

losaturn wrote:I had a banner year so far, so I can't complain.
. My hero lol... The green killed me this year.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Posted a report that's waiting for approval. I thought they were biting pretty good. The Pinks on the other hand proved allusive. Didn't catch one single pink this year the couple times I actually targeted them.

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Post by Ratherbefishing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Lol you're killing me. I couldn't keep the pinks off. Them coho on the other hand I pulled out a handful and lost another handful. You my friend have the magic touch.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.