recommended lakes for Bass fishing??

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishing17
Angler

recommended lakes for Bass fishing??

Post by fishing17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi. I recently moved to Kent and I typically fish at Lake Fenwick or Star Lake. I have not done well bass fishing at any of those lakes. For people who live down south (kent/ federal way region), do you have any recommended lakes for bass fishing? I do have a kayak to get myself around the lake for bass fishing.

Thanks.

gpacho
Angler

Re: recommended lakes for Bass fishing??

Post by gpacho » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I don't bass fish but I live next to North Lake in Federal Way. Seen some reports of decent bass outta there, it is a real small lake with lots of weed beds and Lilly pads.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm

fishing17 wrote:Hi. I recently moved to Kent and I typically fish at Lake Fenwick or Star Lake. I have not done well bass fishing at any of those lakes. For people who live down south (kent/ federal way region), do you have any recommended lakes for bass fishing? I do have a kayak to get myself around the lake for bass fishing.

Thanks.
Go to the Lake Report section. Search by county. Find the lakes that are near you, and just read through the reports.
That's one of the pluses about this website. Deep layers of reports.

fishing17
Angler

Post by fishing17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 pm

I know where north lake is. Will be fishing there this week. Thanks

Bassin253
Petty Officer

Post by Bassin253 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Look up trout lake its not far from north lake I have fished all the lakes in that area and trout is by far my favorite. Nice size bass and small enough you can find fish fast done the best throwing senkos around docks.

fishing17
Angler

Post by fishing17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:59 pm

thx bassin, for sharing your favorite lake! I will try out trout lake as well.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Another vote for Trout Lk. Every time I fish it, I hook up. Haven't caught anything huge, but it is productive, and it's just a nice lake. Have fished Steel as well and did ok. I don't fish that area often as it's out of my area. Maybe check Doloff too.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Agree I love trout lake. Have fished it hundreds of times. Biggest only around five but very consistant lake. Have also done good at five mile lake. Killarney Geneva And North lake.

fishing17
Angler

Post by fishing17 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 pm

thx for the recommendations. Trout Lake was fun and the fish were willing to bite. I caught about 10 bass in the 2.5hrs I was there, all released of course. I would definitely hit it again.